Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Almost Done
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crvc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Almost Done Reply with quote

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u636/kevinoneall/DSCF0155_zpsa521b063.jpg

I've had this bug for 8 years. I found it in a junkyard, just something to fiddle with in the garage during bad weather days. Then thought my daughter could use it for college. But she refused to learn to use a clutch and wanted buttons to roll the windows down. So she stole my Subaru Forester for college and I've been stuck with this 50 year old car.

It had always had overheating problem. Originally there were no vents in the engine lid. I added those but it didn't solve the overheating problem. Then thought to replace the oil cooler. And also added a fram oil filter. Originally the engine had just a metal screen to filter the oil. A few things left to do, such as putting the running boards back on. I had the engine lid and all four fenders painted over the weekend.

I've never been able to parse out my time much. I do one thing and one thing only. When it's done, I go on to the next thing. So the past months have been spent making the bug better than new. While I was busy with the car my Achilles tendinopathy seemed to go away.

So I'm ready to get back to running. I wish it was still summer. But fall is okay for running. Usually little snow here til the end of the month. Final chore is cleaning the garage. It's a ritual thing. When I see all the tools put away, the concrete floor no longer oil spotted, broken parts thrown out, I'll know it's time to get back to running 50 miles per week; I do one thing....

crvc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: