Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best Place To Buy Parts (new to this)
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanksjim1 wrote:
Anyone have any experience buying parts form Mexico? Just thought that input might be useful.

''I've bought a lot of good parts from Mexico. Hell, I have a 2009 New Beetle that was made in Mexico that has almost 200,000 miles on it and it runs great. Antonio Trejo, here on the Samba sells new parts from Mexico and has a pretty good rep.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101257&highlight=partsvw+hotmail

-jeffrey
Keithinky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at WW WCM and airhead parts. I also have used Amazon- gotta love free 2 day shipping. Some parts here on thesamba
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhicken wrote:

''I've bought a lot of good parts from Mexico. Hell, I have a 2009 New Beetle that was made in Mexico that has almost 200,000 miles on it and it runs great. Antonio Trejo, here on the Samba sells new parts from Mexico and has a pretty good rep.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101257&highlight=partsvw+hotmail

-jeffrey

Hey Jeffery

I like hearing this stuff...I would like to find a Mexican Beetle...I love to support "Made in America" as much as I can...to me Mexico is a whole heck of a lot closer to Made in America than half the Chinese stuff is we all seem to buying these days...Thanks for posting that thought...

MikeC
MyGG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just getting back to working on my VW after a looooong break. In the past I bought from Motorworks when they were Rocky Mountain Motorworks, CB, Kustom1, even J.C. Whitney. However many parts were bought at the several VW car shows that occur nearby and from Larry's Offroad in Dayton, Oh when I lived a little closer. It is great to be able to compare prices online and get the best price, but it's also nice to be able to hold it in your hands and inspect the fit and finish before spending your money. Especially when it can cost $20.00 to ship even a small package these days.
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X2 on buying local, if you have the resource, then by all means use them. Also encourage them to buy quality parts and not just the cheapest. This will keep the good vendors in business and hopefully correct the course of the budget vendors.

-jeffrey
gargamel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, i try local first. Your experience may vary but I sometimes find parts for way less than what some classified wants (not including theshipping). Depeding on what part, the classifieds are also a great place to hunt in.

The vendors mentioned are good to go. I would like to add bughaus.com. Good all around.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: