Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

RIP Gorge Runner, Marc Tringali!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: RIP Gorge Runner, Marc Tringali! Reply with quote

Sharing this here as well for those who knew a true VW Friend and aficionado.
Marc deserves his own memorial thread. I only wish I would have known sooner!

Details of our Holiday GTG which will be dedicated to Marc will be on the PDX Westravaganza page.

Crying or Very sad

carterzest wrote:
It is belated, and with a heavy heart that I post this news. Marc was one of the early and frequent/prolific contributors to the PDX Westravaganza thread and attended many GTG's. He is a page one PIONEER in our circles, and a pioneer with those other engine conversions!
May he rest in Peace. Goodbye Friend! You were what this thread is all about, bringing people together and sharing your vast knowledge freely. Crying or Very sad

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hello everyone,

Some of you knew Marc Tringali, aka gorge runner.
He left this world on Thursday, October 23, 2014 - his 55th birthday.

I would love it if all the VW folks and friends from the Portland area swarmed the Lucky Lab tonight (Monday October 27th) and raised a pint or two or three or four in his memory. Let's talk about camping and trips and share memories.

I'll be there by 8:30pm but please start without me! Smile

Please invite anyone who knew him.

Monday Night: October 27th, 2014
Lucky Lab: 1945 NW QUIMBY ST. PORTLAND, OR 97209

Contributions to help his family out would be greatly appreciated. He did not have insurance.

His family will have another celebration on a smaller scale later in the week.

Damn!

I posted this on the FB event and hope Page can give us some details on how we can help. Perhaps a Holiday Westravaganza is in order for his family?

Quote:
RIP GorgeRunner! Westravaganza's will not be the same without your smiling face. Way too young! Jeffrey Carter So sorry I missed this FB post. Paige Tashner, Please post some details on the PDX thread of any way the PDX Community can help out his family. He was a big contributor to our Westravaganza's and will be sorely missed.

Found this of all places on the VW Bus Camp and Leopard Lounge(Burning Man Edition) FB feed. I wish I would have been able to share sooner.

Prayers and love to his family. Lets rally folks.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VWBusVans/

syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear that we have lost another vanagon pilot. Crying or Very sad
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffery, thanks for posting this up. I should have done it a week ago when I found out, but I honestly was so shook up by the news that it didn't occur to me at the time.

Marc was a very good friend his loss leaves a big hole in the community and in my heart. I miss you very much, Marc!

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
TequilaSunSet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Marc.

Condolences to everyone and I understand the pain, my dad passed at home (hospice) Thursday morning... this is the part of life that sucks but you have to soldier on.
1967 Bug- Gone
1964 Euro Sunroof Bug- Gone
1969/72/63 Sunroof Bug- Gone
1975 Brazilian Bug in the Philippines 🇵🇭- New to me
Datsun79z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed the GTG. I just this morning received the e-mail. Marc, may rest in peace with our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Mike Hintz
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I will post up some tentative dates in the coming days in hopes we can get a large gathering of folks to attend. I really hope Christopher Schmitke(T3 Technique) can be a part of this as well, so I will throw a few dates out there and we will go from there. Paige has also expressed interest in wishing to attend the gathering. Any and all ideas welcome.
I remember that Marc wanted to offer up his property for a campout GTG in the early days of the Westravaganza thread. He was a great man and will be sorely missed in our community. Please keep the outpouring of sentiments coming as it will provide his ex-wife, sister and close friends comfort.
I am trying to dig some pictures of him out of the Westravaganza thread. If folks have some, please post them up.
Damn!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: