Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newbie, hope youre nicer in this forum
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdubhippy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Newbie, hope youre nicer in this forum Reply with quote

Hey, I just joined, and i tired in the R&R section, i dont think they took kindly to me. But i have an Empi Imp and its currently apart for the winter to do some repairs. What buggys do you guys run?
Alex
Ratt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww the guys in the R&R havent had alot of entertainment lately. Actually its been quite slow over there. Dont feel bad. Just lurk around for a while befor really jumping in and what ever you do dont think you are the "Shit" They will tear you up.

Ok, anyways, Im droving a 64 Baja. Rust free cept for the front end where she was hit. Thats why its a Baja! Im planing on a cage, and An IRS swap befor I ship out in August. Hopefuly in a year or two when I get to a permanint base, I can pick up a Bugy or street legal rail!! If you got questions, Check the search first. Alot of stuff has been coverd. If its not there ask away.
Glad to see some new faces in the crowd.
Andy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
plasticman1432
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from another 'newbie.' I've always dug the Imp buggies; next to the Manx, they're my favorite. I do have a series 1 Manx myself, and it has brought much joy into my life. Maybe soon I'll get this picture hosting thing down, and have some to share. Cool

'68 Meyers Manx: M1689D815E

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
Ratt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where at in New York Are you from? Im hopefully Gonna be at A-school in Balston Spas, Yeah its quite a ways from Up-state but I have relative up in Clayton.
Andy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hippy.
Do you have an early or late Imp? I sold my 1970 Empi Imp last year to fund my new buggy project. It's a U.F.O. (Unidentified Fiberglass Object).

Post some pictures, lets see your Imp.

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
vdubhippy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a '69 body on a '65 pan, origional gelcoat yellow. I am recoating the gas tank, por-15ing the floors, rewiring completely. Now that Ive read a bunch of their posts, R&R just like to vent, so theyre pretty chill. Have a good day
alex
vdubhippy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont know much about computers, and i cant just copy past my pics up here, i am on the registry Imp #1222
http://www.empiimp.com/registry/registry.html
sorry i am not too good with the posting or pics
alex
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking Imp. I think the earlier Imps look much better than the later ones (like mine). I'm still in the registry also, Eric in Middleburg, Fla. I asked to be removed when I sold the Imp, but he hasn't pulled me yet.

If you upload your pics to the gallery, you can click on your picture in the gallery, copy the link here, highlight it, and click the IMG button above your post. When you click the 'submit' button, your image will appear under your post.

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
monki77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

It another newbie here, I'm also a buggy owner but like Plasticman/ dave
mine is also a meyers manx ( reprodution though!).

I've almost finshed collecting all the parts together includuling some original empi parts, the body is finished in "chartruce" metalflake gel coat and it look amazing in the sunlight!

I hope you find this forum as usefull as i have

Regards

Lee
plasticman1432
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratt wrote:
Where at in New York Are you from? Im hopefully Gonna be at A-school in Balston Spas, Yeah its quite a ways from Up-state but I have relative up in Clayton.
Andy
Ratt - Ballston Spa is about 10 minutes from where I live; I'm in Scotia, just across the Mohawk river from the main GE plant in Schenectady. Very small world sometimes indeed! I call where I live "way upstate NY," as most folks think 'upstate' is just north of NYC......by that math, I'm pretty much Canadian. Very Happy

We need to hook up when you hit the area for sure. Cool

'68 Meyers Manx: M1689D815E

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: