Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Colorado Bay Owners?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

Is there a reason you’re not thinking about running dueling carburetors? You’d gain extra power and not lose the MPGs.

I thought about it and looked around for a setup but this single dell fell into my lap for a song. Just gonna roll with it for a while and if all is good, so be it. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure I can get my $$ back no problem.
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

You will be happy with it, good choice. I had a minor freak-out with my Bus_ had a real bad loss of power on one of my mini trips. Turns out it was just a plug wire that popped off. I have a new "Bosch" set that does not have the ratchet ends that secure so nicely over the plug tip. Also the flaps do not adjust. More adventures as time allows..
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Well I decided to test the new engine on a "cold start" , fired right up and idled with no issues. The engine is starting to sound strong and I'm ready for some day trips in the area. Mulling over what to do for a bed, but I'm starting to realize my heart is not into long trips anymore. I have a very comfortable bed at home. So I think I will leave it as a "day-tripper" and bring a tent if I venture out overnight. The Adventure wagon bed is long gone ( what a whacked concept that was ). Current picture with the Saab 96 peeking around it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Drop the god-damned y'all ( about 700,000 K miles )

camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Needing to get my CBP intake drilled and tapped for the brake bleeder, anyone know a place in the Denver area to check into to have this done?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Painters should be able to do that.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Painters should be able to do that.

Probably where I'll end up, was just curious if anyone had anything else they've had experience with.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I would trust them with that job. Just hit the 100 mile mark on the new engine!! Its not as powerful as I had hoped it would be and its a bit on the "rattly" side. But it starts right up and chugs down my local roads at the minimum required speeds. I'll change oil and recheck valves next week and then go for a trip to Pueblo. After 33 years of driving this Bus I'm done with road trips. I'll keep the interior as it is, a nice day camper set up. I'll take local trips in summer to the lake , drink green tea and eat high fiber snacks.

Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Next time you want to put together a motor, let me know. I really liked the last motor I built for the Dormie. 1835, 8:1 compression, the new AA stock heads, stock cam with ratio rockers. Pretty much stock everything else. Even in the high country is made really nice, usable power and pushed the Bus nicely with over-sized tires.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Bulli Klinik wrote:
Next time you want to put together a motor, let me know. I really liked the last motor I built for the Dormie. 1835, 8:1 compression, the new AA stock heads, stock cam with ratio rockers. Pretty much stock everything else. Even in the high country is made really nice, usable power and pushed the Bus nicely with over-sized tires.

Will do!

Looking at moving this engine to my sons Bus in about a year or so and building up something new for mine. I'll keep this in mind. Thanks!
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

If you some how strike out in Denver and you don’t want to make the trip down to the Springs to see Bulli (I bet he could do it as well). You can send me the intake and I can have JAD Machine do it for you. Seems excessive but I’d be more then happy to help if necessary.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Colorado Bay owners sure are nice bunch of folks!
THall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:

Good to hear. Our daughter is a Freshman at CU Boulder and she's convinced that CO will be home when she's done. We spend all of our vacation time out there so we will be moving out at some point....can't wait.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
If you some how strike out in Denver and you don’t want to make the trip down to the Springs to see Bulli (I bet he could do it as well). You can send me the intake and I can have JAD Machine do it for you. Seems excessive but I’d be more then happy to help if necessary.

Man, really appreciate the offer but yeah, I agree, it's a little excessive.

It was really more that I hadn't posted anything in a while so I came up with a question...

Last edited by camit34 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

THall wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

Good to hear. Our daughter is a Freshman at CU Boulder and she's convinced that CO will be home when she's done. We spend all of our vacation time out there so we will be moving out at some point....can't wait.

They really, really are!

Good on your daughter, hope she's doing well. Drive the Bus out next time and post up here and maybe there will be a few that can do a quick meet up or something.
yellowCOwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I’d meet up, I am not far from Boulder in Fort Collins....

'78 Westy
Currently yellow and white "Sunny"
A few other air cooled VW and Porsches over the years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
THE LORAX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

joining in on the colorado bay meet and greet. SunnyWest 74' westy is taking off from Longmont, CO all the time if anyone is driving through stop by for lunch sometime! Smile
vvolfbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

So excited to see this thread! My husband, myself, and our bus live in Breckenridge and would love to meet up with any other Bay Window owners who find themselves coming up this way.

View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Great picture ! I lived as a full time ski bum in Brek. back in '85. Uller fest was right off the hook with New Orleans style public festivities. Good snow,good people, good times. Welcome
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

w.r.t, Painter's Grinding engines... I can't wait to fire up the 2.0-L Type IV that they rebuilt for me 5 years ago. This is going into the 4-door '78 double cab as soon as it gets out of the paint booth. I am hoping a lot that I can bring it VWoG this June.

w.r.t. Kids in Colorado, I have 2 at CSU in Fort Collins, and they really like it. The elder is interning at Seagate in Longmont, and hopes to turn that into a permanent position.

And w.r.t. vvolfbus - I am digging the VW coveralls. Did you get those at a dealer?
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 31

Jump to: