Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Please help me ID this late Bay exhaust pipe
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicksny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject: Please help me ID this late Bay exhaust pipe Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Can you guys help me identify this exhaust pipe. The one sitting on top of the ‘transverse’ crossover pipe. It has triangular flanges so it must be a late bay piece. I have two of them in my horde… trying to downsize. Thanks in advance…
‘03 Passat W8 Wagon A/T
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nicksny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help me ID this late Bay exhaust pipe Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here’s another picture. To be extra clear, I am referring to the two on the left. I am planning on preserving that transverse piece there.

And while I’m at it - on the right side is an original ‘long’ BA6 exhaust pipe. Is this worth trying to fix or replicate? It is actually in amazing condition, most of the original ones ive seen are completely rusted out. I spray bombed years ago before i out it in storage to slow any rusting.
‘03 Passat W8 Wagon A/T
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nicksny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help me ID this late Bay exhaust pipe Reply with quote

I just looked at this again after posting and I think it just dawned on me… are they custom ‘straight pipes’ to use when taking the heat exchangers out and eliminating the defrost/heat system?
‘03 Passat W8 Wagon A/T
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help me ID this late Bay exhaust pipe Reply with quote

maybe custom to go from the F-pipe to a empi style muffler is the only thing I can think of. Maybe someone used one on a sand rail or something like that.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help me ID this late Bay exhaust pipe Reply with quote

nicksny wrote:
I just looked at this again after posting and I think it just dawned on me… are they custom ‘straight pipes’ to use when taking the heat exchangers out and eliminating the defrost/heat system?

Good chance. The two long pipes are not original for any VW Bus.

The smaller 2-part pipe is '75 only crossover pipe with the elbow attached.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: