Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Reimo low roof pop top
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
artacoma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

[Does the front and/or rear window screen unzip? (Not that I would expect them to). ]
No they don't but I have been thinking about that and I may sew that in in the future[/quote]
2.5 Subie
86 Doka
2.5 Subie
Slimvest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

I can't believe I've been asleep at the wheel on this option. WANT.

Looks much easier than grafting a westy poptop on and still fits in the garage. Win, win!
Smiro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I just received confirmation that the container with my Reimo half tops are on the water and are expected in Oakland on November 30. I should be able to pick up your items about 5 days later. Email me if you interested in these tops:
[email protected]

Cheers,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Salim!

Awesome that you took the lead to bring these in!
Did you also post on the VOG on Facebook?

What is the cost?

Thanks,
Bill
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Smiro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

The tops are here in Santa Cruz. The price is $1,950.00 plus freight and sales tax (CA residents). I have 6 left. If you want one contact me at [email protected]

Happy Holidays,
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Smiro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I have been getting inquires on how to handle the A/C Tunnel with the Reimo Mushroom top. Here are some pictures of my 1991 CHC with the Tunnel modification. Since my controls are in the dash it was easy to cut the center tunnel with the six vents and move it to the rear. If you have your controls in the sun-visor section then you have a choice:

1. You can leave them where they are, leave the front section installed, extend the wires to go around the hole and under the headliner. Your headliner is complete under the tunnel. You can use the front A/C section as storage for maps, sunglasses etc.

2. You can also move the controls to the dash. This requires extending the wires and going down the front passenger pillar. Use flexible wire and remove the grab handle on the pillar. The wires will come out behind the glove box. Take your time.

To hold the front face on the rear A/C duct I screwed blocks of wood inside of the tunnel so I could screw the face into place and I capped the screws. You can see them on the front of the trim. To hold the blocks of wood in the tunnel I used small screws and counter sunk them in the plastic and I hid them using the VW vinyl trim used to cover the seams of the A/C duct.

I have seen some people remove all the ducting and have a large hole in the rear to blow the cold air to the front.

Finally the front sun-visor will screw into the roof without the front tunnel. You will have too drop the sun-visor a little in order to clear the headliner. You will have do two things:

1. When you remove the front A/C duct there are two square black plastic pieces behind the duct. Use them on the visor on the swivel side to drop that side. For the side that holds the visor I made a wooden spacer from 1/4" plywood the shape the holder and painted it black.

You can contact me at [email protected] for more information.

I have 5 left, get yours before they are gone.

Cheers,

Escorial Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Here's a few more photos of another Reimo "low roof" poptop install. After staring at the German instructions and staring at the parts included it all eventually made sense. Salim had a translation and that helped too. I'll include a few photos of the interior finish components which really make the transition between headliner and poptop canvas nice.

Next up, installing these custom cabinets I built...

1974 Honda CL360 Scrambler (for sale!)
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Recently received a Reimo poptop that I purchased from Salim.
Can't wait to install it on my Syncro, probably beginning in late May/early June.
Thanks to those who posted up their installation photos and thanks to Joel for speaking to me about the install he did. Much appreciated.
Lastly, thanks to Salim for importing these and being so easy to work with.

I will need to shorten the roof rack but it will be worth it.

66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slimvest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Hoping to make some progress on this guy over the weekend. Weather is turning, so my painting plan in my drafty garage could be delayed.

Slimvest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Painted (poorly), cut the hole, and mounted everything up. I just need to do the final interior trim, tie-downs, and silicon bead along the outside. Pretty happy with the quality. Happy to see the 30 year old Craftsman jig saw my dad gave me still powered through cutting hole in the roof! Laughing

Will test it out on a trip around Washington's Olympic Peninsula next week. Should be a thorough leak test.

Smiro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I have one Reimo half top left. It is packaged and ready for shipment. It is advertised in the classifieds. Get it before it is gone.

Cheers,
Smiro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

I have sold my last top. You can get one at www.van-cafe. I am not sure if I will order more.

Cheers,
Smiro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I have 6 more Brand new Reimo half tops. If you are interested in these tops call me or email me at [email protected]. Cheers,
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

vanagonjr wrote:
artacoma wrote:
Just installed mine , I bought it at drbjornsauto.com BC Can

Does the front and/or rear window screen unzip? (Not that I would expect them to). That would make getting items out of front or rear rack easy.

Yes, I believe so, at least one but I think it is front and back are Von Zippered... Laughing
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ndorian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

artacoma what an awesome space you have. Nice van as well.
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Here’s mine, 1990 Carat

ansizzz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Can someone please share installation instructions of Reimo pop top roof. I have bought used one and want to be sure that I have all the necessary parts before start installing it. Thank you!
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

ansizzz wrote:
Can someone please share installation instructions of Reimo pop top roof. I have bought used one and want to be sure that I have all the necessary parts before start installing it. Thank you!

the German one is available online:
https://www.reimo.com/r40/vc_reimo/bilder/firma16/.../20200.pdf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
happy2CU
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

digging up an old thread but I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these Reimo mini top for my 81 transpo.

I do have a question though, would it mount in the opening of the factory sun roof without cutting any extra?
artacoma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reimo low roof pop top Reply with quote

Yes the cut out is almost exactly the same and the design allows the cutout to be slightly smaller or bigger with no effect on fitment
2.5 Subie
86 Doka
2.5 Subie
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: