Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dog Leg Tag Reproductions Westfalia & California
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
a1steaksauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for doing these.

just ordered up a set.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
force3g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been well received. I hope you like them as well.

1970 Westy
2010 Jetta
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a1steaksauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

force3g wrote:
They have been well received. I hope you like them as well.

i do like them.

i compared them to the worn originals still adorning my california camper and they're spot on.
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
If someone did the artwork on the later sticker - badge, I can have stickers made off that. But the top one on later bays is an aluminum sticky badge with pressed numbers and if I make it will be a sticker. And that bottom one is a sticker so it would be blank - no numbers.

If you are considering a run of the Westfalia stickers, I would be interested in a few. Plus the Eberspacher inspection sticker. The aluminum sticker looks like it could be razor bladed off, so other options there.

Just a regular guy
mwaters
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dog Leg Tag Reproductions Westfalia & California Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what numbers go where? I have been told that concerning the middle three boxes on the green tag, Plg represents plumbing. El electrical. HTG is heating. If the bus had these features, there would be an "X" placed in the box, and a
"0" if it did not have this feature.The S on the green tag & Serial no. On the Black Westy tag match. Far right top row on green tag matches the plan approval number box on the westy tag. Does anyone know how to find your serial number and Plan approval number of your original tags were missing, or if your bus never had the tags-(like if not a Ca bus)?
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dog Leg Tag Reproductions Westfalia & California Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to find your serial number
The tag on the rear seat base.
Westfalia Interiors
68-69-70 tag numbers explained
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Good Luck
Tcash
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dog Leg Tag Reproductions Westfalia & California Reply with quote

Tcash wrote:
Does anyone know how to find your serial number
The tag on the rear seat base.
Westfalia Interiors
68-69-70 tag numbers explained

Good Luck
Tcash

Thanks again Karl! I had cause to thank Russ Wolfe last week. They live on. RIP.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CarlosZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Dog Leg Tag Reproductions Westfalia & California Reply with quote

Where can I find out what numbers/letters came on the original tags? My westy doesn't have any.
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
So here is the ones on my California SF import Westfalia bus. Stickers not badges.

Why were the numbers cut out of the Westfalia one? Maybe Westfalia put theirs on and the Cali one overlapped in "power" so when Cali put theirs on they voided the Westy one?

I'm about to repaint my bus and really looking for reproductions of these stickers if anyone has a link or manufacturer info.

Just a regular guy
The Volkswagen Ranch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dog Leg Tag Reproductions Westfalia & California Reply with quote

Put me on the list for my 76 Westy, originally sold in Colorado. The PO had them removed when he had it repainted. Thanks, Bob

otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Dog Leg Tag Reproductions Westfalia & California Reply with quote

Here are pics of my originals. Pretty roached. I have reached out to a reproduction shop. I was able to razor off the foil Calif tag, but the Westfalia Werke tag will be sanded off.

I was able to find out that the Serial on the Westfalia tag is the same as the VIN on the Calif tag followed by a plus sign. That helps a lot as the original Westy tag is now illegible. I seem to remember the Westfalia date of manufacture as well, so I have that covered.

Just a regular guy
VeeDubb steppin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Dead Thread Redemption ...Repop Tags Reply with quote

Are the 72 Westy tags available ? thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: