Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY!
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Since we really are at the dawn of the new product, I figured that it would be best to start a new thread for this. Past comments and information has been ongoing inside another thread that can be found here -

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=547355&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

luVWagn wrote:

My personal feeling after all this time, and being a total negative nelly, is that the product simply isn't ready for mass consumption (even though i WANT one), and all of the estimates thus far in the thread have been off by months.

I think this should go to its own thread, and posted on your web-site, and clearly track status on an on-going basis (including for folks who don't visit The Samba(TM)).

luVWagn wrote:
I'm basing on this thread for last 4+ months? Eagerly waiting, multiple contacts, numerous almosts. I understand perfection takes time, and that he doesn't want to release something early or half-baked... I'm still hopeful, and still think it deserves its own thread and/or a spot on the t3 web site...

P.S. people should be able to provide honest "criticism". Chris has always been fantastic to me, and this board, on numerous occasions, and I'm not going to impact that reputation with my comments. There are always unforeseen delays and complications in my job too... Sorry for any offense, not my intent.

I would like to address the comments above before moving on. Those comments were made in the Addco thread (link above) and I don't want to let them slide under the rug.

luVWagon, I deserve the criticism, but you are way off here. My estimations on the status of the new anti-roll bar kit have been off for years, not months. It has been a very long and trying road in trying to get these to market. Between multiple flaky companies who wasted my time and money and and my own desire for the bar kit to be the best it can be, this process has taken more time than I ever could have imagined when I first set out on this road. I'm not a huge manufacturing company, nor do I have one at my disposal. I have had to rely on the expertise and professionalism (or lack thereof) of other companies to get the parts made that I want. I'm also not a big enough company to be able to speak to these other companies in terms of thousands of pieces. Relatively speaking, my wants and needs for these bars and the associated parts is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what some of the other companies that they deal with are asking from them. This pretty much pushed/pushes me to the back of the line on all accounts. And it happened over and and over and over again.

There were many times that I wanted to give up on this project, but clearly seeing that I could do a better job and create a better product motivated me to keep pushing and pushing until I actually have that product in hand. Having people continually showing interest and asking when the bars would be ready also showed me that there would be a market for such a product as well. I can't tell you how much I appreciate people sticking with me through this whole thing.

Some people expressed interest years ago and after all of the false starts and broken promises as far as the time frame is concerned, these same people deserved to be among the first to have the new bars in their hands. And unlike other situations that we as T3 enthusiasts have witnessed, sometimes first hand, these people who are just now receiving the first run of bars are not being used as guinea pigs for the development of the product. The product and the supporting components have been tested and fitted many times in my best effort to provide a solid product right out of the gate.

As for the small numbers of bars available on this first run (20), it all came down to what I can reliably provide. Some of the supporting suppliers were not able to provide me with enough product for a huge numbers of bars. In addition, I needed to ensure that I could manage the orders properly. It's amazing how much time it takes to properly package up these kits. Like I said in the other thread, if you would like to be contacted about the next run of bars, please send me an email to [email protected]

And you are right, the new bars do deserve their own thread and they will be announced on the website at some point in time. Again, it all comes down to being able to manage the situation. I don't want to sell a product that I don't have. I have never taken money for these bars in advance, even though many, many people have asked. I would simply like to be able to continue to provide the best customer service that I can and given the rocky road that has led up to the release of these bars, I really want to make sure that I am taking it slow and taking care of my customers the best way possible. The T3 world outside the Samba is huge and if I am not careful, I do feel that customer service could suffer and that is not acceptable. There will come a time when the bars will be for sale on the website for purchase, but not right now.

So while I do deserve the criticism and clearly understand any frustration that anyone may feel toward the situation, please know that I am doing my best to provide the highest quality, best fitting parts that I can. None of the information shared over the course of this adventure was meant to be misleading. While my optimism for the time frame of the product may not have been accurate, my intentions have always been good and honest. While I still don't have an unlimited supply of bars to offer, I am doing my best to rectumfry the glitches in the supply chain and hopefully very soon, there will not be any issues in supplying the bars at will.

Phwew! Okay, with that off my chest, I will do my best to get some photos and more information on the new anti-roll bars up a bit later today. I would also welcome those of you who may already have a bar in hand to share any photos or comments.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a wise man once said, Perfection Takes Time.

I can only imagine that 'rectumfry-ing' takes a lot longer!

Huge kudos to T3 Techniques for taking the risks and making the investments so we can keep our beloved rigs on the road.

Very Happy Applause Dancing VW Logo Yellow Vanagon
bluefirefly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarandusVDub wrote:

Huge kudos to T3 Techniques for taking the risks and making the investments so we can keep our beloved rigs on the road.

X2

Thanks a lot Chris for doing it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westylife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will the price point be? Will this fluctuate depending on demand, or will you have a solid price?

Looking forward to having one. Cool

Westylife
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarandusVDub wrote:

+1. Not only that, but actually improving our beloved rigs. Many, many thank yous Christopher!
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are on the way Cool Dancing Dancing Applause Applause Applause
johnnygreenham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing amazing work Chris and most of use here know that. Most of us here wouldn't even dream of taking on a project of this size with all the stress and burden it brings but are quiet happy to throw comments around which really are sometimes selfish and not well thought out. That's people for you, but all I will say is Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause and thank you.

I'll be in touch soon.

Kind regards
Johnny
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westylife wrote:
What will the price point be? Will this fluctuate depending on demand, or will you have a solid price?

Looking forward to having one. Cool

Westylife

The price and other information can be found here - http://www.t3technique.com/t3-research-notes/stabilizer-sway-anti-roll-anti-sway-bars.html

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefirefly wrote:
tarandusVDub wrote:

X2

Thanks a lot Chris for doing it!

What they said; thanks, Chris! Everything you sell is well thought out and a pleasure to install on my van.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks for all you do. Dancing

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnygreenham wrote:
You're doing amazing work Chris and most of use here know that. Most of us here wouldn't even dream of taking on a project of this size with all the stress and burden it brings but are quiet happy to throw comments around which really are sometimes selfish and not well thought out. That's people for you, but all I will say is Applause and thank you.

I'll be in touch soon.

Kind regards
Johnny

Thank you!

And I never meant this be a "turn on luVWagon" thing. He spoke his mind and in a certain way, I agree with him. I think his criticisms have merit and are definitely worth considering. While I am a very ,very patient person, if I were on the other end of things here, and did not have the full story behind the situation, I can see viewing things similarly to luVWagon. That is why I went to the extent to try to explain the situation as clearly as possible so that people know the story. Knowing the story can help clear up some of misconceptions and help to understand how we ended up here.

So where luVWagon is concerned, it's all good. I mean look, if nothing else, he gave me an open door to start this new thread and get the new anti-roll bar information out on its own.

westylife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e-mail waiting list request sent!

Popcorn
vw4life
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see an install write up. Replacing my rubber sway bar link bushings was a pain in the rear trying to get the end link to compress enough to put the nut on.

This would be a nice add on since I'm running out of projects for the westy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
narendra.vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I wished, I didn’t have to pay for Custom duties & Shipping. I'm desperate to have one for the rear suspension.
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

insyncro wrote:
Mine are on the way Cool Dancing Dancing Applause Applause Applause

Perhaps Dylan would be willing to contribute a little install video from the many kits headed his way?!
Steelhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

both front and rear are now in production?
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Chris, take your initial statement here and substitute for "sway-bar" any one of the products guys like us make, and you've summed up the life of the micro-market designer-manufacturer!

I am, however, happy to say that the customers in this market are as a whole very understanding of the obstacles, amenable to the relative costs and appreciative of the results.

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnygreenham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

johnnygreenham wrote:
You're doing amazing work Chris and most of use here know that. Most of us here wouldn't even dream of taking on a project of this size with all the stress and burden it brings but are quiet happy to throw comments around which really are sometimes selfish and not well thought out. That's people for you, but all I will say is Applause and thank you.

I'll be in touch soon.

Kind regards
Johnny

Quote:

Thank you!

And I never meant this be a "turn on luVWagon" thing. He spoke his mind and in a certain way, I agree with him. I think his criticisms have merit and are definitely worth considering. While I am a very ,very patient person, if I were on the other end of things here, and did not have the full story behind the situation, I can see viewing things similarly to luVWagon. That is why I went to the extent to try to explain the situation as clearly as possible so that people know the story. Knowing the story can help clear up some of misconceptions and help to understand how we ended up here.

So where luVWagon is concerned, it's all good. I mean look, if nothing else, he gave me an open door to start this new thread and get the new anti-roll bar information out on its own.

LaughingI know fella, I'm not trying to single out luVWagon either, this is just a casual observation from all forums I've ever been on. People get excited and sometimes impatient, nothing terribly wrong with this human trait, it's just important to step back once in a while and give due credit to a very few, who are going above and beyond for a passion, realizing that, that person has probably put more effort and energy into something which sometimes is not even taken into account. I will gladly hand over my money for a great product that I had no hand in developing or helping to produce, but my personal view is that it's important to realize that, and all the hard work associated with it.
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelhead wrote:
both front and rear are now in production?

Only fronts for now. Rears are in the works. No affiliation, just what I've been told via email from Christopher.
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tencentlife wrote:
Wow, Chris, take your initial statement here and substitute for "sway-bar" any one of the products guys like us make, and you've summed up the life of the micro-market designer-manufacturer!

I am, however, happy to say that the customers in this market are as a whole very understanding of the obstacles, amenable to the relative costs and appreciative of the results.

And I for one thank everyone taking the time to design, build, test and sell parts that will help refine our beloved vans.

I find it very sad that such a huge leap forward for Chris and suspension parts in general needed to be posted about due to negative comments made in a thread about a product that will be considered sub par after comparisons are made.

This project has been underway for some time now and anyone without patience or just looking to throw said product, timelines and or vendors under the bus is really missing the boat IMHO.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: