Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Running_Man wrote:
candyman wrote:
Running_Man wrote:
candyman wrote:
I really want to hear how this bar holds up to crosswinds? I have all new poly bushings on everything on my syncro, new D rated bfg tires and it still gets blown around with severe side gusts.

Where were you driving? I just went down along the Columbia River near Hood River, Oregon, and the winds were like nothing I've every experienced driving the van. Even with mostly poly bushings up front and a factory sway bar, I was getting blown all over the place. The power steering poly bushings and front/rear sway bars are on my short list of upgrades though.

Thats what i was refering too. We drove through there last month and it sucked! 50 mph the whole stretch just to stay in control

Luckily I don't drive that stretch that often. Montana gets windy, but not that bad.

Sometimes i get hit pretty hard going up the blackfoot if a I have canoe up top, but yeah, for the most part its not horrible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WestyBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

The Columbia Gorge is our own personal wind tunnel here. Great for testing new stability items like T3's bars which I haven't done yet.

Tip : it's been said before but pumping all four tires up to manufacturer recommended max pressure, stiffening the sidewalls, will help in cross-winds. Tires with strong sidewall construction like Nokians helps too. BFG's (I have two sets) not that good in cross-winds.
Atadloco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

My new anti roll bar just came in today, looking forward to putting the suspension back together.
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Installed mine along with the HD drop links this past Saturday within 1 hour.

Amazing product T3 Technique! Very well thought out!

FREEBIES: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqzgREEtE9Aj7poRLxLuW-oGORuiQ?e=eSKThT
noelleon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Install was easy and well documented. Van handles incredibly well.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

ThankYouJerry wrote:
What's the word on progress on the rear bar Chris? If it's anywhere near as good as the front... can't wait!!!

Yes, please. Chris, will we be able to order a rear anti-sway bar soon? My van's suspension is pretty good, but I think a rear bar would make a great final touch.

Thanks.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Pascal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm having a bit of an issue fitting the bar to frame bracket. This is on my 84 westy. Do I have to push the bar back so the bushing site on the flat part of the frame? The powerflex bushing I had originally with the OE bar has a bevel to it that matched the frame. I need to push back quite hard on the bar to get this bushing to sit on the flat part of the frame. Anyone experience this? Notice the gap between the bushing and the bar too. I tried shoving the bar over to make gap go away because the bushing seems to be sitting near the radius of the bar but it does not make much difference because it is quite hard to move things around. Thanks
T3 Pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Those bushings are for mounting the new swaybar on a syncro.

for reference look at page 2 of this thread 14 posts down the page the image shows the correct bevelled bushing for 2WD

Maybe just field modify the bushing with a sharp utility knife. Waiting to see what T3 recommends.

The most important part in every vehicle is the nut behind the wheel......
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Quote:
Do I have to push the bar back so the bushing site on the flat part of the frame?

This is correct!

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
Syncrodelic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Has anyone made any progress on detaching hardware for the swaybar? Manual or automatic?
Birdcage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

January 10th photo on our Instagram @syncrostyle I don't have the pic to upload on here. Basically bits I had laying around the shop. It works great, just make sure to lock the bar down when detached or the sway bar will puncture the sidewall
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I keep hoping the latest post is going to announce availability of the rear anti-sway bar. Very Happy

Oh well, patience, they say, is a virtue.

Abscate wrote:

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I keep hoping the latest post is going to announce availability of the rear anti-sway bar. Very Happy

Oh well, patience, they say, is a virtue.

Abscate wrote:

Forthwithtx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Bought a few things from Chris today and was looking for the new rear anti-roll bar on the website. Alas, no joy. Maybe Chris has an update?

'84 GL with 2001/2004 Subaru 2.5L
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Forthwithtx wrote:
Bought a few things from Chris today and was looking for the new rear anti-roll bar on the website. Alas, no joy. Maybe Chris has an update?

I know that all good things come to those who wait, but I'm hoping the wait ends in 2017. Very Happy

Abscate wrote:

mpl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Earlier today, I installed the T3 anti-roll bar and heavy duty endlinks. Holy smokes! What a positive, night and day difference. My van feels so much more sure-footed and spirited to drive. Such a huge improvement!

Huge compliments to Christopher for his well-designed custom products, kind and courteous support, and dedicated enthusiasm to making our Vanagons better. Two thumbs way up!

Some time ago, mdbww asked for some photos of the T3 endlinks installed with the T3 bar. Here was my experience on my 1984 2WD Westy…

My box of goodies looked just like the one that jimf909 received; see his post for photos of the T3 anti-roll bar and heavy duty endlinks.

I started by removing my OE anti-roll bar. I had a broken OE endlink on the passenger side that resulted in a badly swaying ride and periodic pings and clangs when the broken endlink would hit the lower control arm.

The OE anti-roll bar, OE endlinks, and OE bushings were a snap to remove. I was, however, left with a broken piece of one OE endlink rusted into the lower control arm.

Lots of PB Blaster and brute force with Vise-Grips and a hammer freed the broken piece.

Here’s a comparison of the T3 Technique (top) and the OE (bottom) anti-roll bars:

Here’s a photo of the T3 Technique anti-roll bar and heavy duty endlinks after installation. (Yes, I know that my steering rack boots need a little love. Smile)

Here’s what a T3 heavy duty endlink looks like from below the lower control arm:

And one more photo from above the lower control arm:

southernscouse65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

this anti-roll bar kit looks to be ideal to fit my karmann gipsy motorhome
Buss Marius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

southernscouse65 wrote:
this anti-roll bar kit looks to be ideal to fit my karmann gipsy motorhome
Definitely. I wan't be surprised if it is a standard upgrade on T3 Karmanns in the future.
I wish they could make a set for my Karmann LT L as well. But i think i start with changing my 30 year old shocks.
Colorado Yeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Ordering mine with a new set of the Power-flex power steering bushings today. Can't wait to install them! Then think ahead to next Christmas for the hopefully-released rear bar.
Colorado Yeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I just installed mine with new Powerflex steering rack polyurethane bushings. Holy cow, what a difference. Well done T3 techniques!

Sorry for the poor quality pics.....dropped my phone in the toilet yesterday.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: