Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
phishnbtv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Put the bar and endlinks on my 86 2wd last week and can't say enough good thinks about the result. As everyone has mentioned I notice big improvements in handling around corners, on ramps, off ramps, etc. My van is lifted with 16" wheels and it really helped to cut down on the independent suspension dip I would feel when getting blown around on the highways.

If you're paying attention and don't make any mistakes, which should be difficult, it's super easy to install. If you do have questions, as I did, Chris was very responsive, gave good advice, and all in all really helpful.

The instructions were also very clear! If you have a lifted van and your not running this, you're doing yourself a serious disservice.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I realize I'm late to the party here, but Good God, Man. What is this sorcery??

I finally installed mine on my 2wd this afternoon. Flat in the corners, stable on long curves, more stable at higher speeds, recovers from bumps faster, just...just better.

This upgrade is right up there with 15" wheels and headlight relays. It should be required.

Thanks, Chris, for a great product!

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vashon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Still waiting for mine. Hoping for as good a result as you had! Smile

Timber, "Blanco Burro", 87' Westfailia Wolfsburg Weekender.
ianNJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Been waiting on mine since thanksgiving. not sure what the deal is....

90 GL Frankenstine w/Boxeer 2.0 TDI CR, Peloquin TBD
RIP - 2003 Eurovan

Instagram @ian.Surfside

*if you known someone that struggles with addiction let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. I believe I read a post from Christopher here or maybe on fb that a single part was holding up delivery. It'll be worth the wait but I hope you hear directly from Chris.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
GreggK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Hello All,
Can anyone show me a picture of the HD end links installed in the lower control arm on a 2wd. I'm getting ready to do mine and wanted to double check it as easy as in sounds. Here are pictures of what I'm planning to do. Thanks!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Of course I'll set it in all the way and tighten with the supplied bolt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Installed the T3 anti roll bar & HD endlinks a few months ago in my ‘86 Westy. To echo others, the results are dramatic. And yes, they were incredibly easy to install.
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

GreggK wrote:
Hello All,
Can anyone show me a picture of the HD end links installed in the lower control arm on a 2wd.

Here's some pics of mine from the previous page. Looks like you've got it right to me.
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

GreggK wrote:
Hello All,
Can anyone show me a picture of the HD end links installed in the lower control arm on a 2wd. I'm getting ready to do mine and wanted to double check it as easy as in sounds. Here are pictures of what I'm planning to do. Thanks!

Hi Greg! Sorry for the photo issues over email. Looking at the photos here, yes, that's 100% correct.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
GreggK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for the input!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

GreggK wrote:
Hello All,

Hello Greg,
Is the black oring looking thing in the hole for the endlinks a washer or bushing?

I just did the same installation of a T3 bar and HD endlinks and I don't remember seeing anything like in the lower arm.
GreggK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Hey Gruppe B,
Here's some pictures.

Hope it helps.
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Thanks Gregg!
OK I had those attached to the HD endlinks when I put them in. I should have pressed them in first like you did but I think it fit really well.

I'll confirm those bushing went in properly on my van. Thanks again for the photos!
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I am getting excited!!! Can't believe how nice folks get their arms, etc. to look. I had already been skeptical of my path to forgo the clean/blast/paint when I get going on this, but from pictures here and a few other threads, I am rethinking my quick and dirty plan. Mostly, I had been focused on getting the functional improvement. Can I justify tearing down a '86 parts rig (currently a rolling shell) to prep for the T3 hardware?!?!? ugh! what a conflict.

The main reason I would consider not to strip and paint is to minimize time off the road. I prefer Flossie as my daily drive. Of course, I have a few options.

Looking forward to the new hardware, for sure!!

-bobby
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
I am getting excited!!! Can't believe how nice folks get their arms, etc. to look. I had already been skeptical of my path to forgo the clean/blast/paint when I get going on this, but from pictures here and a few other threads, I am rethinking my quick and dirty plan. Mostly, I had been focused on getting the functional improvement. Can I justify tearing down a '86 parts rig (currently a rolling shell) to prep for the T3 hardware?!?!? ugh! what a conflict.

The main reason I would consider not to strip and paint is to minimize time off the road. I prefer Flossie as my daily drive. Of course, I have a few options.

Looking forward to the new hardware, for sure!!

-bobby

The only way around the down time is to buy another set of suspension parts to get cleaned/painted ready to go so it is just a swap out for your existing parts.
That's how I did mine as I couldn't afford the down time either.
Then recycle and put your parts in the Classifieds.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
GreggK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I agree with Steve M. I've been working on this van for almost two years. It started as a quick engine swap that turned into just about everything. Luckily I have a different car to drive till its back on the road. This front end work is the last of it so I can get an inspection and start driving it. Just hard to find the time to work on it lately. I started a thread called "Slow but steady..'86 Tdi install". I dont know how to paste the link here though.
GreggK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Maybe this is it?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Any updates on the rear sway bar?

Hans
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

GreggK wrote:
I agree with Steve M. I've been working on this van for almost two years. It started as a quick engine swap that turned into just about everything.

once you have a nice engine, you want it to drive well and stop. i'm at the stop part. drive well is next. the infinite upgrade spiral is a thing.

BiWerks Design, LLC
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:

The only way around the down time is to buy another set of suspension parts to get cleaned/painted ready to go so it is just a swap out for your existing parts.

Well... hate to admit it.. I actually do have some spare parts. The problem is if I take them off that rig, then it doesn't roll unless I put the others back on. Is that twice the work, or half the problems? Either I am lazy or conservative. Right now, I can roll any of my non-runners wherever I want, which is a huge thing to be able to say...

etc..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: