Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1969 Baja Bug - TX Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja Bug - TX Build Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause Very well done Sir. Very nice.

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja Bug - TX Build Reply with quote

I “polished” the fuel for an hour today, and moved the the return line around to all parts of the tank to knock as much loose as I could. It definitely cleaned up quite a bit, I can see in the tank, there is some left but not much compared to when i started. I also put this big ol marine fuel filter in line behind the back seat instead of the small one for now, maybe I will make it permanent…

Cleaned the carb just in case, and it’s running great now. A little idle tuning and a check with the wideband is next

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja Bug - TX Build Reply with quote

Well I reluctantly have put a muffler on, it’s still loud but it took the bark out so it doesn’t draw quite so much attention. The muffler is a circle track midget racer part “schoenfeld” is the brand. It’s straight through, kinda like a glass pack but it is rebuildable if the packing burns out.

8urrito
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja Bug - TX Build Reply with quote

I'm planning on tackling the muffler problem on mine this weekend, the straght pipe was cool for the first 100 miles but it's getting old now... I've got a Tri-Mil Quiet Pak collector that fit just fine until I tried to put the bumper back on.
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja Bug - TX Build Reply with quote

It’s still running good, run probably 50 gallons of gas though it now, maybe more.

I finally broke down and got an SVDA from pertronix with the digital igniter. Night and day difference for drivability, very happy with it. Also changed to some autolite 3924 plugs(stock heat range, equivalent to an NKG 5), was running an NKG 7 non-resistor before and they were a bit prone to fouling. An autolite 3923 is equivalent to an NKG 6 so I may switch to those next if it pings with the 3924s.

I also jetted down to 120 mains and 180 airs in f11 emulsion tubes, it does not like the F7 s , kept the 55 idles, still needs the throttle cracked far enough to expose about 1/2 maybe a little more of the progression holes, at .5 turns the first progression hole is totally covered, 3/4 turn I can just see it, it wants 1.5 minimum but happier at 2 turns to idle. Might need bigger idle jets but it’s better than it has been, still maybe a bit rich but my accel squirter is turned way up, gonna back that off and reevaluate
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja Bug - TX Build Reply with quote

Needs 2 turns in on the throttle screw, and 55 idles 2.5 turns out *
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: