Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Time for a change
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crvc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Time for a change Reply with quote

I've had this 1967 bug for ten years. I've replaced most everything: Rebuilt 1640cc DP engine with stock carb and fuel pump. New pan eight years ago, body-off paint, new glass, new brake cylinders, shoes and MC. Probably will need a new starter. I'm bored with it. I'm ready to sell it or trade for a Westfalia.

Ten years ago I had a 1967 and 1975 bugs. I lifted both bodies and traded them after welding in new floors. So the 1967 bug has the 1975 chassis. The 1975 sat unused in a barn for 20 years so the tranny is very good.

Any idea on an asking price for the bug? As I said, I'd be happy to trade for a westfalia project. I'm getting a 2014 Nissan pickup as a work vehicle so I can work on a project vehicle without needing it as a daily driver.

TIA,

crvc
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Samba Classifieds and find something similar to compare prices ; remember ASKING price can be very different than GETTING price Shocked Very Happy

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
crvc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u636/kevinoneall/DSCF0008_zps473c80b6.jpg

Thanks for the note. I scanned several pages of bugs for sale, prices ranging from $500 to $15000. California cars seem to be higher priced. Having a new pickup means I could remove the engine and not need it back in before work tomorrow. I need a solenoid and found one on Ebay. I can leave the bug sit while the part comes in the mail.

crvc
crvc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

So now the starter has gone out. Because I have a new truck I can take my time working on the bug. Right now the bug is in the garage and the motor is on a stand. I thought the starter problems were coming from the TO bearing but it looks fine. However using jumpers the starter spins slowly and the jumper gets hot enough to blister so I assume a short somewhere. Luckily I now have transportation and don't need to use the bug for work.

crvc
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's " Time for a Change " to a picture of your VW instead of a truck !

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: