Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Machine Dr. wrote:
I am curious what you did not like about the swiveled headlights. I thought it was very cool and unique. It added to the one of a kind look of the vehicle. Cool

cdennisg wrote:
Can we see another angle on the Model A lights mounted to the spindles? Seeing them from the side or above at any angle would maybe help.

This time of year I drive home in the dark and got tired of flipping them around. I have never liked the way that they looked in the forward facing position...too small. I would say that I am being lazy except for all the time it took to redo them! I tried the Model A lights in every position imaginable, but just not happy with the look.

This is what I went with along with a single motorcycle light on each spindle (not in photos). Also, i put an amber led light in the bottom of each vw bucket. These bulbs along with the bulbs in the bull horns are on all the time and also serve as blinkers. As an added benefit the position of the headlights meets my states minimum height requirements.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.BenModified.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Finished the wiring on the lights today. The first photo is just the amber LEDs

http://www.BenModified.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nbturbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

You have gone quiet on us-any more to add to the story??
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

nbturbo wrote:
You have gone quiet on us-any more to add to the story??

Up until yesterday I was just driving it a lot and going to car shows. Unfortunately, the transmission cratered and left me with no forward gears and a really bad burned smell. The trans is out of warranty but it looks like the manufacturer is going to cover it anyway as it has only been in service for 13 months and 8000 miles. Also been spending some time on this

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-proj...915/page1/
nbturbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Like how you always are thinking outside the square for everything you tackle. I try to do the same- but at this stage I'm still in the nest compared to your stuff- well done
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

nbturbo wrote:
Like how you always are thinking outside the square for everything you tackle. I try to do the same- but at this stage I'm still in the nest compared to your stuff- well done

Thanks so much!
nbturbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Had a day off today-watched all 17 of your build videos.Will be a couple of days before I'm back to normal-unbelievable.Can't believe how much time you spend on your knees-mine would only last 2 minutes,tops.
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

nbturbo wrote:
Had a day off today-watched all 17 of your build videos.Will be a couple of days before I'm back to normal-unbelievable.Can't believe how much time you spend on your knees-mine would only last 2 minutes,tops.

Thanks for watching them...I hope you enjoyed them!
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

wow. I'm glad I ventured away from the off-road section of thesamba to check other projects out, this is crazy amazing! Great work, though you already know that! Very Happy

my build page: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662104&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Machine Dr.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

This build just blows me away! Also the V8 Bug Volksrod project. They have provided me with so much inspiration and ideas that very few projects ever have, Thanks again! I would love to see them in person.
frankentrike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

should have kept the flipped lights. you have demonstrated a great talent for innovation and outside the box thinking. why not fix a little gadget or handle or even a solenoid of some kind to flip the lights from inside or even when the lights are turned on. I truly can't see a person as thorough and thought out not going the extra mile and addressing the issue from day one. you obviously have the chops. your design is clearly odd. that's what makes it so f...ing awesome. come on man. you're better than this. fantastic work. just wish I had the brains, not to mention the time and skills to do what you do. keep it up.
Machine Dr.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Congratulations for making the video! Lots of nice cars!

Link

TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Thrilled to have Build-Threads.com profile my builds!

http://www.build-threads.com/build-threads/builder-spotlight-its-ben-modified-videos/
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Machine Dr. wrote:
This build just blows me away! Also the V8 Bug Volksrod project. They have provided me with so much inspiration and ideas that very few projects ever have, Thanks again! I would love to see them in person.

Thanks! If you are ever in SE Georgia..
Machine Dr.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

TheGreenVW wrote:
Quote:
Thanks! If you are ever in SE Georgia..

I will definately need to take a road trip from Central Ohio. I will want to have my car done first and drive it there! LOL 'Razz'
Also of course, would need plenty of pictures! 'Applause'
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Link
Machine Dr.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Stumbled across this by accident on YouTube. I found Blasphemi and yours at 1:25. Congrats!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvgUhAt1BEU
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Machine Dr. wrote:
Stumbled across this by accident on YouTube. I found Blasphemi and yours at 1:25. Congrats!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvgUhAt1BEU

Thanks for letting me know! It was a good show!
TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Re-installed the Dagmars for the time being.

TheGreenVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 400 Hp Single Cab Street Rod Build Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: