Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Throttle Body Reverser necessary?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

NEED a Throttle Body Reverser?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Musicman811
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

I am putting my 2002 Subaru Forester EJ2.5 engine into my 73 westy - Do I NEED a Throttle Body Revereser? What are the benefits?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

Is this a Subaru forum now?
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

Knowing nothing about Subie conversions, I'd say only if you install the left handed smoke shifter.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

not needed but many use it as it gets very tight by the firewall so it's a work around for the lack of space

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

I would definitely get one
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:

when a empty chinese t1 case is 1400 bux (average) and a new short block from the subaru dealer is 1700 it really make's it a no brainer if you want to pack on the miles

so, i'd say expect more subaru posts than normal

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

I got one as I plan to run A/C in my Bus. If you don't want to install A/C, you can rotate the intake 180 degrees and make a bracket to move the alternator over to the right where the A/C compressor usually sits. You'll have to make a few modifications plus extend some of the wiring but if you're handy, just another mini project to get it sorted out and working.
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:

Someone had to say it. Laughing
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

I have found that you can shorten them on a lathe if you have access to one.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Body Reverser necessary? Reply with quote

gotta love that NY patina..

and man this forum makes want to melt down the 5 T-IVs I have on the shelf into anal plugs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: