Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Favorite can't-live-without travel item
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly my point - this thread is digressing
david2676
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Cafe maker Reply with quote

I like the coffee pot, as it turned out my in laws had one its at least 40 years old has been sitting in a cabinet for many years and now its in reuse. Weird because I travel to Cuba a bit at least lately and this is what they use for Cuba coffee. I had thought about getting one as I always miss Cuba coffee in the morning. actually about three times a day but who is counting ..

The best part of hand me downs is they do not make them like this anymore .. its heavy duty and has some age to it !!! I just wish the weather was better I want to take off and do this trip. i have never shoveled snow a day in my life. I love California weather and I would be most happy in a tropical location. Can you see where this is going one day my bus may end up traveling thru south america... !
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cafe maker Reply with quote

Caffinate much?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

david2676 wrote:
I like the coffee pot, as it turned out my in laws had one its at least 40 years old has been sitting in a cabinet for many years and now its in reuse. Weird because I travel to Cuba a bit at least lately and this is what they use for Cuba coffee. I had thought about getting one as I always miss Cuba coffee in the morning. actually about three times a day but who is counting ..

The best part of hand me downs is they do not make them like this anymore .. its heavy duty and has some age to it !!! I just wish the weather was better I want to take off and do this trip. i have never shoveled snow a day in my life. I love California weather and I would be most happy in a tropical location. Can you see where this is going one day my bus may end up traveling thru south america... !

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these. Arrow

pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahwahnee wrote:
Every year we spend at least one week on the beach (Pacific) and always print off a tide table before leaving home. A useful item for planning your day.

I also print off some info from Heavens Above (Iridium flares, satellite passes, etc) for night time amusement when camping in a clear skies area.

There's a NASA app for timing the passage overhead of the Int'l Space Station- great for when you're well away from urban light and pollution.
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta take along a pair of binoculars-- not the huge bird-watcher kind (unless you're into that), but something to extend your horizon. I keep one in my glove box all the time; you never know when....
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. My MOST essential item is drinking Water.

Some of my greatest comforts come from being able to make Hot Water, so I carry a tea Kettle or small pot. If the Westy runs out of Propane, I have a backup stove. http://tinyurl.com/palxozk

Hot water makes my tea, hot chocolate, ginger tea, oatmeal, Udon Soup.
Hot Water in a Nalgene Bottle makes a great personal heater in cold weather. The Nalgene is also a good tea brewing pot.

2. I find my iPhone essential for navigation, photos, speedometer, and to level the van. So a charging cable and USB cigarette lighter adapter are essential. I also use a phone dock ALL the time.

3. I always carry a flashlight.

A Pico light http://tinyurl.com/nbsggss

on my keys (10 lumens, 10 grams, 15 hours). I recently tossed the Petzl Head Lamp, in favor of an oLight i3S http://tinyurl.com/p8n88sz that can be clipped to the brim of my cap. The light also serves as a 60 hour candle.

As a luxury and comfort item I also have a Luci Aura solar led light, reviewed here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7546488

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: