Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Acapulco?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Acapulco? Reply with quote

So I have been casually looking for a thing for a while now with no such luck accept for expensive examples around me. Today I forgot something at the office while leaving work and used a "rough" subdivision as a turn around. went in and saw this. I dont think Ive ever stomped on my brakes so hard.

Has antique plates but I don't think that is a definitive answer as to whether it may be sold.

Possibly an Acapulco? Looks to not have moved in a while.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Funny I'd find something a whole mile from where I work.
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

The guy has a boat on the ground in his front yard. I think he may be a touch of a hoarder. Noticed the Pontiac has handicap plates. Might be an old man/woman.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

a knock on the door and if no one answers then leaving a note may get you an answer. Def. has the look of an Acapulco.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Drtrash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

Looks like 70's paint job or whats left of it, found my first thing that way, saw gate open and was partially under tarp in backyard, knock on door, owner said sold adventured began, good luck with yard sale
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

Its a real acapulco. Talked to the owner for all of five seconds. Was very rude and dismissive. Essentially told me he wasn’t interested and to get off his property. Gave him my contact info but no too hopeful. Guess you’ll get that sometimes
Gene Kisner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

Go back with $5,000 cash (all 20's), show him the money and tell him you are there to buy his "old VW" if it has an engine that runs and a clear title.
$5,000 is way low, but when he sees green cash he may well come back with a counteroffer.
You have just opened the bidding.
Leave your phone number, he will contact you within three days with his final price. At that point you buy or drop out.
Either way you gave it a shot and had fun.
Be sure to take someone along with you as backup and a witness.
The money and title only changes hands in front of a "notary" that confirms the sale.
GOOD LUCK, if you try this post the results.
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

How convenient. I am a notary. Although I dint think I can notarize anything myself.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

Sometimes you have to wait for assholes to die. I wouldn't give one 5k.

Does your city have any ordinances that a car can not sit if it doesn't run? If so, call the city and get them to lean on him. His grass looks a bit high too. Sometimes the city can be a friend.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

I'll look into it. That is a nice car to just let sit and rot. It'd be better to get it on the road now than to wait until everything deteriorates.
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

By the way. it isnt so much as the grass it tall as it is non existent. The yard is nearly 100% weeds.
Gene Kisner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Acapulco? Reply with quote

Any updates on this Thing ?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: