Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

screwed by dgpilot
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodollarsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: screwed by dgpilot Reply with quote

To all Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I purchased a pressure plate and 6 puck clutch disc from user name DGPILOT. The listing was for a 2300 series Kennedy and 6 puck with only 2 passes down the 1/4 mile. Upon receiving it I emailed I was happy about getting it quickly but had yet to inspect it. Upon opening it I noticed funny looking wear marks (outside egde of clutch disc was worn but no other signs of usage) and the pressure plate looks as if it had 1-2 seasons not passes on it. A friend noticed while laying a straight edge across the pressure plate that it was warped. Outside edge was higher than inside edge (which clarifies the wear on the disc). I emailed Dave Gates about my concerns and offered to mail it back and he could send my money back to me as I was unhappy with the purchase. I offered to pay shipping back (I already paid to ship it to me) so he would be out nothing and I would be out double shipping costs. He told me I was trying to pull a scam or some BS and I went back with him being a dishonest person selling BS parts to people like me. I pretty much was told to go F@#% myself and have not heard back. Please do not order anything from this person as I am sure he will screw you also. I have 26 positives on Ebay (sounds low but my last 4 purchases totalled over 25K). I have also purchased many items from good people here on the Samba and will hate to now be skeptical the next time I want something from this site. Unfortunately it is ass munches like him that screws up great websites and good part deals. Sorry for the long post but needed to vent and trust me, no matter what he says it is BS unless it is how rude I am verbally against his dishonesty. Again, purchase nothing from DGPILOT or Dave Gates as he is a scammer. Thanks Kevin of No Dollars Racing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dgpilot15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names just prove who is the adult here. Grow up, Kevin.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I know either of you but dgpilot's reply doesn't sound like a reasonable defense. Shouldn't dgpilot explain his side of the story so the people reading this thread can make a fair evaluation?
dgpilot15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I didnt think anyone wanted to hear my side. I've read alot of these complaint threads and most just turn into name calling.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you don't offer your side of the story people will assume (rightly or wrongly) that you screwed the buyer. Whenever I've bought something from thesamba classifieds I check this forum to see whether the seller has any bad press in here.
dgpilot15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY SIDE: I recently sold left over parts from my alcohol 2332 drag car. It originally had the KEP 2300# clutch on it that had two passes on it. The motor had no miles on it when I bought it, I put the two passes on it myself, didnt like how the clutch felt, then took it off to install a stiffer 2600#. I put it up for sale and Kevin bought it for $100. He sent two e-mails thanking me for the purchase. A week and a half later he e-mails me back that the clutch disc is warped(his friends told him this) and he wants his money back. The clutch was fine when I shipped it out to him. I declined his offer and he became immediately irate. The next two e-mails were insults and threats of which I will gladly post upon request. He claimed to be a good ebayer but instead of calmly trying to resolve the dispute, he immediately flipped his lid and became rude. No other options were discussed. He commented that if his refund wasnt considered, he would post in this forum. His immediate lashing out was suspicious. He didnt consider that any damage could have been done in shipping or done on his part. He immediately assumed that I was scamming him. I told him that for all I know, he could be a scammer trying to use the part and return it. This infuriated him and aparently warranted more insults and a threat. I saw no more reason to speak with him on this matter due to his irrational behavior.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have participated in Samba Classifieds juries, so post the e-mails. Sounds like a good 50/50 battle here, but based on dgpilot's story, I'm starting to side with him. "Friends" can be really ignorant, and being a good E-gay buyer doesn't mean squat in my book.

Let's see the e-mails, dgpilot.

Last edited by Gary on Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would highly doubt anyone would complain if the PP was not warped. So I do believe the PP is warped (How much, Kevin?) Suggesting that it could have been warped in shipping is the stupidest thing I've heard this year. They only warp in use. A pressure plate does not warp after only 2 passes.
I side with the buyer on this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nodollarsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce, I believe you are correct in this matter. PP's do not warp in shipping. I have a 1700lb pp that I have had for about 5 years with 500+ runs on it and it is not warped.

Icy Weeny or whatever your name is, your wording is a bit off, it says you are starting to sound like him? Not quite sure what that means. As for your remark on the "E" site well that is your opinion and I am glad we live in a place that we can voice it.

DG Pilot, to start, double check what I payed for the set up. This alone tells me you cannot keep your information straight. It reminds me of the saying "lies are harder to remember than truth because there are more of them". As for posting the replies, heck I will be glad to do it cause there is nothing written in there that I am ashamed of. I explained the situation, you pretty much told me oh friggin well, and once you said I was trying to scam you yes, I did get pissy about that as you are now saying that I was the dishonest one. How in the hell am I going to use it when my one motor is getting bored out at a local reputable service provider, and the other is on my engine stand. It has been raining, snowing, and cold as all get out in my area, no racing till March, I own a street legal sand rail, yep all that put together sounds exactly like I am running the piss out of it and want a refund. Best darn scam I never came up with, duh. As for being grown up, well, I have an attitude when people screw me and that is me for better or worse. I just purchased a 20' enclosed from a person in Kentucky and am going after it this weekend. When I get back I will try and post some pics of the parts if I can figure out how to do it here (never tried as I just purchased a digital camera). DG I tried to do it like gentlemen, sorry you could not pull your 1/2
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know squat about pressure plates, but if DG says he didn't like the way the clutch felt when he used it, could it already have been warped when he removed it from his drag car prior to selling it?
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion so far:

NoDollars offered to eat the shipping back to DGPilot, because he wasn't happy with the warped plate. DGPilot thinks that is a SCAM? How? Who would go through the trouble of 'borrowing' a pressure plate and disk from someone? Too much work. That's crazy.

Surely, a racer (DGPilot) knows what a warped plate and enevenly worn disk looks like. It can't happen in the mail, of course.

Regardless, DGPilots unwillingness to refund NoDollars $100, even when NoDollars eats shipping both ways, makes DGPilot seem very suspicous in my eyes.

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
dgpilot15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the PP was warped, then thats one by me. I ran the clutch, didnt like how it felt, took it off, and sold it. I'm not a store or a parts buyer/seller. I had this thing left over and thought selling it on this site would be the best thing to do. It is, after all, my very first attempt at selling anything over the internet. My knee jerk reaction was to take your belated refund request as suspicious. You didnt e-mail me politely, your threatening tone at the end of the e-mail left your true intentions questionable. Not once did you consider any other possibility other than I was a scammer and I was out to F*** you. If you know anything about customer service, the loudest complainer is usually the guilty one. The term buyer beware also applies to sellers too you know. I felt refunding you in full for a part that as to my knowledge was just fine would be seen by you as an admission of guilt and your less than amicable attitude only warranted an escalation in my suspicion. I've read in several other complaint threads that people screw other people for product as cheap as a $10. part. I agree that one's good name is not worth $10. To be honest, I don't give a damn about the clutch, or however much you paid me for it. I never wanted money for it, I just wanted one less thing to trip over in my already stuffed garage. I love this site and have enjoyed it DAILY for several years. The thought of being seen negatively by my peers on this site sickens me and has for the duration of this thread. I can assure you that my first selling experience over the internet has sucked and will not be attempted by me again. If you want your money back, then fine. You can have it. Give me your mailing address and I will send you the money back plus your shipping. You can also keep the clutch and pressure plate, I dont need it. Use it for a door stop or something. I just hope you learn something positive from this experience. Like try lightening up on people and being cordual. Maybe your experience in selling on Ebay has jaded you into thinking that everyone is out to screw you. People have feelings, and calling names and accusing of being dishonest will not get you anywhere. Seriously though, chill out. Your going to give yourself a heart attack or something. DG
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dg -----I think you are now doing the right thing.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. I think you just had bad luck with your first experience. Lotta good people on here, as you say.
Airsick
Samba Lowering Squad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fOOK IT! have him go ahead and send the part back just for being a dink if that is how you took it.
Type 5 Joe
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is certainly a "learning curve" to selling on the Samba....

Your doing the right thing...

Everytime I sell something I hope that the person is Happy.

I also hope that if there is a problem, they contact me first before Posting on here...

This is a valuable Place to Buy / Sell / and make friends...

Your reputation is worth way more than $100.00.

Now shake hands, and be Nice.

- Joe

I don't use the P.M. service on here.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still like to know how much the warpage is. One person's definition of excessive is different from another's.
dgpilot15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt matter. He's probably going to find out that the PP disc can be turned down a bit and run it anyway. Either way, I'll never stub my toe on that part in my garage again.
dgpilot15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an e-mail yesterday from a samba viewer who informed me that the pressure plate discs come tapered new from the manufacturer. I'll be calling Kennedy today to verify this. I'll keep you all posted on what the word is from the horses mouth.
dgpilot15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with KEP this morning and was informed that the pressure plate discs are completely flat from the manufacturer. Their tech support person said the six puck sintered racing disc produces alot of heat and most of the wear to the P/P disc happens to the inside of the disc face. He informed that if the P/P disc is warped, it is probably from too much clutch slippage on take off or initial mis ajustment. Apparently, the old style clutches that used the three finger spring loaded release puck were prone to mis ajustment and were replaced with the newer style multi finger release spring type. Very interesting. These guys are very helpful and willing to explain the workings of their product in detail. They are in Palmdale, Ca. The tel # is (661)272-1147 if you need any questions answered.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: