Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sport camshaft and ratio rockers
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
greek_tony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Sport camshaft and ratio rockers Reply with quote

I've decided to go a different way with the engine in the oval. Sold the speedwell supercharger and going to use some parts I have to build a twin port 1400 with twin weber 36 or 40 idf.
I've got the okrasa heads, 80mm pistons, 69.5mm crankshaft etc... and also speedwell 1.4 to 1 rockers or AA 1.15 to 1 rockers.
I'm looking at either a WW okrasa cam or BBT okrasa cam. I've seen people using the cams with 1.15 to 1 rockers but not with 1.4 to 1. Will they work?
Thanks

Tony
greek_tony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sport camshaft and ratio rockers Reply with quote

Actually, just clarifying. What is the maximum lift I am allowed from the cam with 1.4 to 1 rockers?
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sport camshaft and ratio rockers Reply with quote

That depends on the heads, oir rather how much lift the springs can handle. IIRC the WW Okrasa heads with the installed springs can handle about 11 mm (0,435") out of the box, so the BBT 1621-91 would be a good choice with 1,4 rockers.
Just remember to give the engine some CR. At least 8,5-1, then it can work well.
36 IDF or Dellorto will be plenty. No need for 40īs.
greek_tony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sport camshaft and ratio rockers Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
That depends on the heads, oir rather how much lift the springs can handle. IIRC the WW Okrasa heads with the installed springs can handle about 11 mm (0,435") out of the box, so the BBT 1621-91 would be a good choice with 1,4 rockers.
Just remember to give the engine some CR. At least 8,5-1, then it can work well.
36 IDF or Dellorto will be plenty. No need for 40īs.

Mange Tak Alstrup!
Good to know about the lift that the springs can handle. So it looks like the BBT Okrasa may be the one to go for.

Cool Cool
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Sport camshaft and ratio rockers Reply with quote

Παρακαλώ Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: