Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My project Doom Buggy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: My project Doom Buggy Reply with quote

Well after digging around in the carb, I was thinking the carb was flooding itself out. I could see drops of fuel comin from the center part of the carb and not the accelerator pump.
So I took it apart and soon realized that tinder the float level I need different washers. Well with me not having any and me wanting to find a solution. I tweaked metal arm on the float. I also cleaned and blew out all offices and tubes. Put it all back together and reinstalled.
Started and messed around with idle and mixture.
Then messed with the timing. But without a gun. Just by ear I set the timing. I know not the best way some may say.
But after a good drive tonight it never stalled once.
I still am going to set the timing with a light to about 6-7*
It is much funnier to drive now too
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: My project Doom Buggy Reply with quote

well after driving it for almost a month when ever i could it finally left me thumbing for a ride.
nothing major.
at first i thought it was out of fuel cause there was no fire. had the wife bring me some gas as i was in town. put it in and still nothing.
went and got the truck and the tow bar, drug it home to find out that the fuel filter was plugged.
new filter and away we go again.
this thing is so fun to drive
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My project Doom Buggy Reply with quote

Good to hear you are having fun driving it. After all that is the ultimate goal. The more you drive it the more confidence you will have in it and the further from home you will be comfortable in going.

We just took ours to Vernon BC last weekend. Not without issues but nothing major that caused us to doubt the decision... apart from the rain storm that is! Rolling Eyes
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: My project Doom Buggy Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Good to hear you are having fun driving it. After all that is the ultimate goal. The more you drive it the more confidence you will have in it and the further from home you will be comfortable in going.

We just took ours to Vernon BC last weekend. Not without issues but nothing major that caused us to doubt the decision... apart from the rain storm that is! Rolling Eyes

Nice

I have had another issue last night. Quit again. But this time I think it’s the electric fuel pump. Weather it is a wiring issue or a pump issue. I have a full day of football with the kids today but later I am gonna get to the root of the issue
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: My project Doom Buggy Reply with quote

I much prefer the stock fuel pump. Very trouble free in my experience. That said I could not use it on my Buggy because on my type 4 engine it mounts down low and front. The type 1 transmission mount interfered with it. I bought an electric pump from NAPA and put it up front under the fuel tank. Noisy bugger! And it keeps quitting on me, the connectors that were supplied with it keep getting loose and I have to take them off and squeeze them with a vise grip to tighten them up again.
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My project Doom Buggy Reply with quote

well it turns out that the fuel pump issue was a bad fuel ump, but ultimately it was my own fault. I never put the filter before the pump. I put it after, and with a solenoid type pump you have to protect the pump. so new pump and replumbed the fuel line before the pump. already plugger the original filter which was too small. replaced with larger and so far so good.

actually was able to get some bug guts on the windshield the other night. took it out for a 20 mile trip. ran great and I was totally happy with it.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My project Doom Buggy Reply with quote

Awesome! That is what these Buggies are all about, just ask my wife. She grins like a school girl every time we take it out and drive it!

Beware of wind burn! It sneaks up on you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Jump to:
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: