Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mcdragracer - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mcdragracer
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
yoger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fast pay,, great samba member. I would do business with Rick anytime. Tony.
vwfreakster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: FK89 CAM Reply with quote

Thank Rick, just as advertised.

Cheers Jonny

www.jonnys-speedandcustom.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sullydog93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: dellorto rebuild Reply with quote

Rick went thru my 40's. New kits, freed up a frozen
shaft and resized my main jets to match at 150.

Price was very reasonable and turnaround was good.
Can't wait to hear them purr.

My new carb rebuilder now that Harney has stepped away.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a set of rods from Rick. As described, they look new. Well packed, and he emailed me tracking. Exactly the kind of person you want to deal with. Thank you. SD
PedalWerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I sent a set of 36 DRLA's I got at the drag day swap meet many years ago and sent them to Rick for a rebuild, not only did he do a fantastic job of rebuilding them but set them up with the proper jetting and ventures for my engine / driving combination.

Very happy can't wait to start up the Pedal Werks.com Single Cab and try out these babies....

feel free to hit me up at any of the So Cal shows to check them out.

Rick, Thank You, Scott

www.pedalwerks.com
@pedalwerksdotcom
909-289-9655
12' Golf 2.5
07' Rabbit 2.5
59' Single Cab
57' Oval hard top
55' Oval hardtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
exotic plants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rick is a good guy to do business with.

I would recommend him for your carbs.
Rear driver side fender.
Cash waiting.
------------------------------------------------------------
PedalWerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I love these Carbs Engine Fired right up Pre adjustment was spot on I have about 3500 miles now and engine runs awesome with no issues.

PedalWerks wrote:

I sent a set of 36 DRLA's I got at the drag day swap meet many years ago and sent them to Rick for a rebuild, not only did he do a fantastic job of rebuilding them but set them up with the proper jetting and ventures for my engine / driving combination.

Very happy can't wait to start up the Pedal Werks.com Single Cab and try out these babies....

feel free to hit me up at any of the So Cal shows to check them out.

Rick, Thank You, Scott

www.pedalwerks.com
@pedalwerksdotcom
909-289-9655
12' Golf 2.5
07' Rabbit 2.5
59' Single Cab
57' Oval hard top
55' Oval hardtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Happy to hear the engine is running good and thanks for the positive feedback as you know I do take pride in my work along with customer service, happy motoring!

This is a pic of rare 48 tri jets I just finished and jetted for Brothers Machine personal 2276cc motor.

zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had Rick rebuild a set of 36 Dells for me. He actually asked me to send him my spark plugs so he could see how my carbs were tuned. He is very knowledgeable about rebuilding carbs and tuning them. He is a great communicator and sent me progress pics as well as final pics. I am extremely happy with my carbs. I bolted them up and the motor fired right up. I need to do some fine tuning, but my bus runs great.
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

i shipped a set of 36 DRLAs to Rick to be rebuilt from Asia. Being so far away, i cannot afford return shipping as shipping charges alone can kill me. hence i am very careful who i deal with and I deal only with trusted and recomended guys/shops. after reading some feedback here and seeing some of the carbs pics he has done, I decided to give Rick a try. He aced in every department. right from the start, communication, update progress, detailed step by step pics. he attended to all my questions i cannot be happier.

pics tell a thousand words

SoCal67Volks Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently had Rick rebuild my Dellorto 40's and couldn't be happier. My carbs were in pretty sad condition having survived a hard life in a sand rail and garage fire before I acquired them. Although they cleaned up fairly well, they were never right.

Rick took them on and restored them to near new condition. Rick took the time to ask about the details of my motor, car and my expectations. He kept me updated with pics & videos throughout the process. Rick got all of the residual sand from the body and bearings as well as recalibrated all of the jets to match my engine to be more street friendly.

I highly recommend Rick without reservation. He is great communicator, very meticulous, knows our hobby well and is an asset to theSamba.

"Making a car look complicated is easy, making it look simple is hard." John Buttera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PedalWerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just received my 2nd set of Dellorto carbs from rick I was so happy with the first set I got another set for my bug,

first class service, Thanks Rick.

www.pedalwerks.com
@pedalwerksdotcom
909-289-9655
12' Golf 2.5
07' Rabbit 2.5
59' Single Cab
57' Oval hard top
55' Oval hardtop
Robert12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Quality items, fast shipping, great communication
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just wanted to send a positive little feedback on a great recent purchase from mcdragracer.

I contacted Rick about a case he had advertised and made the purchase.
Rick requested a shipping fee which I forwarded to him. Once the case was sent. Rick contacted me about refunding a portion of the up front shipping fee as it came out cheaper than he had estimated.

The package was delayed due to Rick having to work on his normal shipping day. This was communicated to me via email. No biggie.
The surprise was that,
Fed-Ex was open on a Sunday and he could ship my case. Four days later it arrived.

The case was very well packaged to the point that even with the rough handling these days at the shippers. There was very little damage to the container. Opened the box and found an AS41 case buried in foam and packing materials. The case itself was contained in a plastic trash bag that kept the packing materials out of the freshly machined case.

I will definitely buy from mcdragracer again. Smooth transaction, great packaging, excellent communication, and delivered what I purchased as described in his samba classified add.

Thank you Rick.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
AircooledHome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks Rick!
Rick rebuilt my dual 40 DRLA Dells for my 1776.
I sent him the carbs and the package was damaged during shipment. Rick sent detailed photos of that, and barely charged extra for a broken stud and accelerator pump rod that broke.
He sent text updates of the progress with photos. (new phone, lost the pics)
They went from running like crap to perfect. And for a very competitive price at that!
If you still have the photos, please post them up Rick! It was an impressive transformation.
vwbus55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just want to thank Rick!
I lost one of the little metric balls when rebuilding my Dellorto carbs.
I called Rick and asked how much for one and he said he would send one for free!
Minutes later he texted me a pic of the envelope addressed and stamped.
Got it three days later. (I am in FLA and he is in CA)

Thanks Rick!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scott65Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had Rick rebuild a set of 40 Dellortos for me.Though I have not run them yet as engine is being finished I can tell you he is a good guy to do business with.He keeps you well informed of progress and keeps you in the loop.Price is fair and turnaround time is timely. I would have complete confidence in doing business with him in the future. Nice asset to have in our community.
jokswgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I used Rick to rebuild a set 44idfs that were in sad shape . Met with Rick in person to drop off the the carbs could tell right from the start I was in good hands . complete rebuilds throttle shafts you name it its new . Rick keep me up to date with progress. carbs work great . Thanks Rick .
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lacolin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a set of Dellorto 36's off Ebay that were supposedy rebuilt.
I took them to Rick and he found several problems. He did a complete rebuild.
Great communication very professional. It is obvious that he takes pride in his work. I had these carbs put on a turnkey engine from Chico Performance racing.
Chico told me he was really impressed with the rebuilds and asked for Ricks info.
I would highly reccommend.
Colin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thread
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I can't say enough good things about Rick. He just did a rebuild on a set of DRLA 40s I've had for over 20 years. During that time I did the horizontal discharge tube update to them but, was never happy with them. Plus the car sat in the garage for about 10 years. I recently completed a full restoration on the car but, the engine would just not run right and I diagnosed it to the carbs.

I got a rebuild kit for them and was going to tackle the rebuild myself as I have done in the past but, on tear down it was clear that the shaft on one was twisted and the butterflies had some damage. Stuff I was not comfortable tackling.

Plus, I wanted to get rid of the discharge tubes.

Enter Rick. I found his ad here and saw the feedback. I contacted him and he called me back and was super friendly and asked me all about the motor and my goals.

He came up with the right jetting and vent setup for my engine including reversing the discharge tube mod.

I wasn't in a rush but, Rick stayed on top of it and kept me updated along the way with pictures and explanations. He talked me through his experience with the Dellorto drip and inspected my carbs for the condition and my carbs showed no signs of the problem through his rebuild and inspection.

The carbs came back promptly and looked fantastic. I put them on the motor today and the motor fired right up and idled steadily. I had to do minimal tuning to get the idle, mixture, and balance dialed in. They run so much better than I ever remember.

Rick is awesome. He's proof that there are still folks around that hold themselves to high standards and value their reputation. He also is the exception to the rule of if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. He did this rebuild so much better than I would have been able to do.

Thank you Rick!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: