Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mcdragracer - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mcdragracer
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rick recently rebuilt my dual 40 Dellortos. He stayed in constant contact while completing the work and is a master of this craft. He answered all of my questions and provided jetting advice regarding my engine combo.

Below are pictures of my completed carbs...they speak for themselves. Once on the engine I’ll report back on how well they work

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pizza941
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great source for Dellorto parts and expert on Dellorto carbs.
Thx, Bob
umpy907
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks again for the parts I needed and for answering all my questions and getting my parts shipped out quickly. Will definitely be using your services again
tinman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently had Rick rebuild some 36mm dellortos ,, He kept in constant
contact with me through the rebuild process and answered all questions related to them . i highly recommend him and his profesional abilities
I wouldnt hesitate to do business with him again . the carbs look brand new
and perform perfectly,,, couldnt ask for more!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
umpy907
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a couple parts and was very fast to ship. Was super easy to deal with and when I had some questions he took the to help me out and walk me through everything.
Will definitely be buying all my Dellorto parts right here 😁👍

Thanks again for all your help it means a lot to find a good honest does what he says person to deal with.
vince1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some DRLA chokes, very friendly person to deal with, highly recommended.

Vince.

Click here for my full pix detailed 2165 engine build with beehive valvetrain.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm a French guy ... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Matthew Tylka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rick rebuilt a set of 40mm Dellortos for me. He kept me updated the entire process and the turn around was very good...quicker than expected. The carbs ran great on first startup and they turned out great. I would recommend to anybody and will plan on doing business with him again. Thank you Rick for quality work.
fredsdually
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rebuilt my 48 dellortos and did an excellent job!!!! He rejetted and installed a set of new vents and soda blasted them so they look new and when I put them on my 2165 they ran awesome straight away !! He was in constant contact and I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM HIGHLY....Car has more power and drivability than ever and I cant wait for my local 1/8 mile track to re-open Very Happy
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had Rick do 44 idf for me recently...one that had been frozen up from water sitting in it. after talking to him briefly, i was sure he was the guy i needed to send it to. Once he got it he let me know, and once again called me once it was torn down and estimated. I gave him some engine info, and he got me a nice baseline set up on jetting. The pictures he sent were amazing, and the carb looked like new. It looked even better in person once i got it back. It truly looks brand new! i am so stoked, and will be getting it on my buddys car soon. i would recommend that anyone needing carb service to get ahold of Rick and talk to him, once you do, you will understand. He is also very fair priced, and get it done in a timely manner. i will be sending more to him in the future.

KC
fraho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Im Very Impressed with Rick 1st experience to the top Customer Service, very Humble, Quality,Person, Equal treatment on who ever you are. Whats fading away this days. I had CALLED SOMEONE ELSE in the site, he acted like he was the only one on earth doing it, maybe was a robot.

2nd. Good work on the 40s carbs, they woke up my motor, what a difference, Rick asked my motor specifications for adjustments and parts on my carbs, very happy with his work that I sent him another pair 44s. Did not need to buy reproduction carbs. Rick told me call me if you need help adjusting the carbs and, I did he walked me through it, very patiently. Guy is very knowledgeable, but does not show it or acted. Highly recommend him. Thanks again.
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just completed a transaction with Rick and received my 45 dellortos today. After another samba transaction gone sour in which my carbs, rebuild kits, and parts were stolen, Rick reached out to offer some help. I should have gone with Rick to begin with.

Rick kept me updated with photos, very reasonable rates, detailed receipt, basic tuning for my setup and I could not have asked for an easier process. Thank you Rick for restoring some confidence and providing a great rebuild service!
Mark Awdykowyz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a set of rebuilt 40mm Dellortos nearly four years ago and they never ran right. So after spending hundreds of dollars trying to have them adjusted over the last three years, I took them off and replaced them with brand new 44mm Webers--smooth operation and more top end power than the Dellortos, but a 20% decrease in fuel economy. So I sent Rick my 40mm Dellortos. Rick rebuilt my 40mm Dellortos and they perform like the new ones I had in 1998. The engine fired right up, the idle was adjusted and the carbs were synchronized. It's such a pleasure to drive the car--finally! There were zero issues and zero surprises. If you want the carburetors to perform and look brand new, have it done right the first time and hire Rick. Remember the old adage, "you get what you pay for." I promise you that choosing Rick to rebuild your Dellortos will be a decision that you will look back and smile from ear-to-ear. Why second guess such a critical component to your ride? Hire the best and contact Rick Hunt.
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rick made me some prototype DCNF venturi's as they are NLA. Perfect, could not be happier. Dan
truckersmike
Elder Sambanite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

While getting help on jetting a set of 40 IDF"s in the forums, I mentioned that one of the accelerator pump rods had busted. Rick chimed in and said he might have one. Sure enough, got a PM from him with the part that I needed. I then asked if he had any F7 emulsion tubes and he had those as well.

Great prices, great communication and today they arrived nicely packaged.

Couldn't be happier Rick!
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rick has been a pleasure to deal with. Constant contact and super friendly. I will certainly consider him in the future if I need ANY carb work!!!
Extremely pleased.
1776cc, CB crank, CB 2241 cam, CB light lifters, CB H-beam rods, CB light flywheel, Mahle forged pistons, A1 Sidewinder exhaust, Dellorto drla 40’s, Hoover modded case, fully balanced, fully flowed, heads by www.type-emotorsports.com, Air ride suspension by https://www.airkewld.com/?Click=3989
RailBoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hello All Carb Fans, I am Dell DLRA Bias and Rick is the man to deal with for Dells for sure. He has helped me out a few times now on locating parts and testing parts, why I had to recently send him a carb.. Worn out parts simply getting in my way of a fine running machine that developed. But Rick had the Arensonal to Check thing with and plus the knowlodge, and so be it, he communicated with me on ever step and solved the issue. Plus had the parts new and used that are all Dell Items... Thanks Rick for work and getting it done fast even in today's world of the Covid-19.. RB

74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rick does damn good work and keeps you updated which makes me feel like a valued customer.

I had him make me some venturis that were then sent to Berg and grooved for my DRLAs.

tenles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Excellent communication and fantastic work done on my 40 Dells. Stripped, blasted, cleaned, rebuilt. Excellent job! they make the rest of the car look pretty ordinary........
Thanks very much Rick.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just had Rick do a second carb for me. I cant wait to get that one installed once that engine is built. I am sure it will be as good as the last one, which fired right up and idled immediately...a nice change from before. Another nice change is superb communication and service. Thanks again Rick! I am sure i will send more your way!
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: mcdragracer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I found a used set of Dellorto 45's and, eager to get my hands dirty and learn something new, wanted to embark on the rebuild myself.

I spent some time studying diagrams and reading, which provided me a basic understanding of the design and parts involved, but I was also left with many questions and uncertainties. I did not know exactly where to begin or what to look for but knew I needed some parts, some of which an internet search proved hard to obtain. This is when I came in contact with Rick after reading multiple reccomendations and posts on the forum holding Rick and his work in high regard.

I contacted Rick and immediately could tell he was extremely knowledgeable and experienced. On top of that he is just a cool friendly dude who wants to help make you happy. Not to mention he is a Dellorto parts magician, he can somehow make rare hard to find parts somehow just appear out of no where, and for the best price one could ask for.

He quickly shipped the rebuild parts and I got started. I ran into some issues along the way and called Rick who took the time to answer my questions in detail. What I learned along the way is priceless, the knowledge will help me keep the carbs running well for many years and miles to come. The service and support you get with Rick is unbeatable.

Once finished rebuilding them I couldn't get them to run right. The symptoms didn't seem to make sense either. After getting nowhere but frustrated for the next week I decided to bring them to Rick to look at and he was able to quickly identify the problem. He even found/fixed some other minor yet very important details I had missed.

My engine would not be running as good as it now without Rick... just call him already!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: