Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ambulance Fan Restoration
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ambulance Fan Restoration Reply with quote

Huetti_1989 wrote:
Sorry that i use this thread, but i found some numbers on my ambulance fan and i don't know what they mean? The date code???

-Christian

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Christian, mein 12 Volt Gebläse hat auch "456" als Qualitätsprüfungsnummer. Dachte es wär gut, es zu Protokoll zu geben. Hast Du auch 12 Volt oder 6? Wie stehn die Chancen derselbe Mann (oder Frau haha) hat sie gestempelt!?

For the record, I wanted to show that my fans both have 456 stamped as well.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ambulance Fan Restoration Reply with quote

In disassembling my fans for restoration, I also found these stampings in the fan motor housings next to the QC ink stamps: “KS” and E1” (or EI?).

Any idea what these indicate? They are not the typical SWF date code format, so I figured to hit up the community for insight. Thanks.

EDIT: Well, I need new glasses. I went back and realized I was looking at my Hella date code list. The "KS" seems to indicate October '65, while the "E1/EI" still eludes me. If the stamping was intended to be a "T" but did not punch thoroughly, it could read as May '66.

Hopefully, I'm not stepping all over Matthew's thread here, just looked like the right place to compile ambulance fan info, knowledge, etc. Cheers.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Ambulance Fan Restoration Reply with quote

Another fan done. This one 6V. Face plate had extra holes and four of the mounting holes were torn out. Switch was damaged beyond repair.

Turned out great. Will be painted the body color later.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Ambulance Fan Restoration Reply with quote

Did up this set of fan motors last week. Motors and chassis only. No face plate for this one. 6V

Working also on a set of motors by them selves. Wiring in rough shape and for some reason someone clipped the wires to the capacitor.

Ambulance Fan's. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627707&highlight=

Parts i am looking for:
64 bug nice used front/rear Black LHD floor mat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Ambulance Fan Restoration Reply with quote

Working on another fan for a customer. Nice shape to start with. Just needed the basics.

More to come

Ambulance Fan's. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627707&highlight=

Parts i am looking for:
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Ambulance Fan Restoration Reply with quote

All Done. Turned out nice.

Parts i am looking for:
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ambulance Fan Restoration Reply with quote

Man! You are killin' it with the restoration of these ambulance fans Matthew!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ambulance Fan Restoration Reply with quote

Thank you Bill.

Parts i am looking for:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: