Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another buggy being saved
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Awesome work, priceless times spent with your baby girl...memories and stories to last for generations.

Nice to see the updated pics.

Cheers.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Thank you, she's a handful at times....12 going on 21 !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

chopperimpala wrote:
Thank you, she's a handful at times....12 going on 21 !!

Enjoy her anyway, she will be gone and making her own way in life all too soon. It won't take her long then to realize that Dad isn't so dumb and backward after all. Our baby girl will be 20 in a couple months, going to secondary school now and Dad is beginning to look much smarter as a result!

That is the third girl for us and a pattern has developed. My boy on the other hand... good kid but boys are different so we shall see...

Those wheels will give the Buggy a nice vintage flavor. Nice choice!
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Ohhh, believe me I know, she is daughter #5 !! She's still "daddy's girl" and since she went through her Chemo treatments, I just want the 4 years of her childhood I lost to the disease and hospital, but she is also -heavily influenced- by our 4 other daughters. My son on the other hand, was hardheaded, and had to learn things the hard way, but luckily has come around, and I'm not the jerk he thought I was, anymore!! Other than Bella, at home, we're now on our grandkid tier...6 of those all juggling to be grandpas favorite....little do they know, they are all at the same level, no favorites, grandpa just lets them do what they want to have fun!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Grandchildren and Buggies go well together. Every one of our 5 grandkids love Buggy rides. Especially if there is an ice-cream shop at the apex of the trip!

Carry on with the excellent work!
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Astro Supremes . . . COOL . . .Your girl has good taste! Cool
Enjoy yer time with each other . . . it goes by WAY too fast!
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Quick update, my daughter Bella and I mated the finished top (fabrication/bodywork), to the bodyworked body. This is the first time since doing all the work on the windshield frame, nose, top, and body seperately. Had one little hick-up in the corner that's fixable. I like it, windshield is chopped 6-1/2", top is chopped 4-1/2", and stretched 8 inches, to enclose the rear area.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Looks GOOD! Applause

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Thank you

SBD wrote:
Looks GOOD! Applause
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

We made a little more progress. Got the vinyl sewn up (first time my daughter and I have ever sewn anything), padded the hardtop, then glued the vinyl down. Trimmed it on the bottom with some "hide-em" and pUT the rear window trim ring in.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Nice roof!

Now I don't know how to say this... I don't want to offend... or put undue pressure on you... you are doing a first class job for sure but...

That little girl of yours is getting big so...

Will the buggy be done for her Grad? Wink
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Thank you, and.....It HAS to be done by the middle of April, as she was invited to show it at a local car show. No offense taken, REALLY hard to offend me with anything, but thanks for the courtesy.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Good show! I know what it's like to get hung up on a project and have trouble getting it finished.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Got the Supremes mounted, the glove box door fit and hinged, and the roll bar cut down. Little by little she's getting closer.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

got my dash dialed in. Bus turnsignal adapted to my homemade column and got the self canceling to work, glove box latching mechanism finished, gauges and switches installed, heater lines goi g up to the defrost vents figured out, and matching ivory knobs and seatbelts to match the top & interior color.
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

looking good

do you require defroster vents?
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

cdnltded wrote:
do you require defroster vents?

Me personally require them, Hah, I'm a SoCal boy who now lives in the cold PNW, so if I want to do any driving in the spring or fall season, I'll Be able to have some heat inside the buggy (really important to me) and keep the windshield defrosted as well.
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

chopperimpala wrote:

Me personally require them, Hah, I'm a SoCal boy who now lives in the cold PNW, so if I want to do any driving in the spring or fall season, I'll Be able to have some heat inside the buggy (really important to me) and keep the windshield defrosted as well.

good idea.
with an enclosed top i guess it would be different then open.
are you using heat from the engine or an auxiliary heater?
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

From the engine. Heater boxes and tubing up to the Buggy body. I then drilled and installed 2" threaded,PVC pipe fittings for the transition from heater box tubes to interior tubes that I turned on the lathe and opened up a little bit, then am using hot tub tubing along the interior sides to run up to the dash and vents. I have vinyl covered inserts that go in and will hide the tubing on the floor.
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Nice.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: