Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another buggy being saved
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, continued prayers and blessings for you and your daughter.

Great building skills.

Joyfully, Jeff
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Couple of more update pictures. Rebuilt the bottom mounting lip, and reinforced and flattened out the sides.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Blocking out the sides.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Wet sanded and blocked to 400, need to finish the other side and I'll move onto the front and rear.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

A very heart wrenching story. Your family has been to hell and back in the last few years man! Nice to see you back on track with the project, may you find comfort and unity with your loved ones through it. Cherish every moment as life is so uncertain.

I am a bit disappointed to not see a face to put to your little girl's struggle but that is just my selfish thoughts, do what is best for you.

Your craftsmanship is second to none buddy! You would be a valuable asset to any employer who had the good fortune to have you in his shop. Carry on please!
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say that. You live and learn, wish I could go back and change a lot of things, but can't, so we just keep moving forward. Here she is when she was learning to weld, then now she's friends with all these famous HotRodders, and working on her own HotRod (a '30 Ford 2 door sedan) Hollywood HotRods, Vintage Color Studios, Lucky's HotRods, Brizio's HotRods, she's met Barris, Winfield, ZZtop, talked with Jesse James on the phone, etc., etc., etc. she's pulled thru really well, and got to do a lot of exciting things along her fight.

Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Now we're building the Dune Buggy together to have fun.
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Sending positive vibes your way.
Great work on the build and fatherhood.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Painted the bottom today. It's orange (the color designation for Childhood Cancer), with .004 gold, .004 orange, and .008 orange flake. Bella laid down the first coat, and I finished it up, and she laid the last coat of clear. She also did a lot of prep work, cleaning, and wiping down the Buggy for paint.

Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Bluggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

WOW amazing story and priceless progress, both your little girl and her project.

Very happy for the outcome, she will have a great life ahead...guaranteed having a Dad like you.

Cheers to you and the best helper you can ever have. Very Happy
Bluggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

WOW amazing story and priceless progress, both your little girl and her project.

Very happy for the outcome, she will have a great life ahead...guaranteed having a Dad like you.

Cheers to you and the best helper you can ever have. Very Happy
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

That is a very nice color!
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Thanks guys, working on the top side now. Should possibly be in color next weekend, or the following.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Getting closer and closer. Doing some final double checking on the figment of the nose to the body, then I'll lay down some polyester on it. All body work is done. Chopped the windshield 4-1/2", and the top 4", and will make an aluminum framework to mount the top to for it to be hinged and swing rearward to get in. Tomorrow is blow the shop out and sweep up all the filler, and pick up to prepare for polyester primer.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

That Buggy is going to be first class Buddy! Your family will be proud!
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Thank you. As long as my little girl enjoys it, that's all that matters to me.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Another sporadic update. Since I chopped the windshield and hardtop and lengthened it, I physically could not get into the buggy. My daughter who is tiny also had a hard time getting in.......so I hinged it in the back, used short gas struts, and made mounts for the struts, and will devise a latching system later on.

Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Our friend Sid Chavers who is a custom HotRod upholstery guy in SanFrancisco sent me one of his rear windows for Bella's Buggy. I also used '60 Pontiac taillight so, with machined down '63 Impala center rings.
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Another buggy being saved Reply with quote

Next, was rims.... I really liked the Appliance Pacers I had, and I even went through the process of "Un-reversing" them to push them under the fenders more since I'm running skinny whitewalls, and the dropped spindles moved them out 3/4". But after the color on the bottom turned out way nicer than I expected, the powdercoat gray just didn't work. I checked for nice shaped 15x10 & 14x6 Pacers, but was too expensive, so next was Cragars, Rockets, or Supremes. Bella liked the Supremes best, and honestly so did I. Couldn't find the Rockets in the sizes and condition I wanted, and there's already a bunch of Buggies rolling on Cragars, and other than Erik Frias' Bulevardos Buggy I haven't seen another one on Supremes. I'll put the N50's with the portawalls on the rear, and the bias 5.20's on the front like I had on the Pacers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: