Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Avenger and Aztec base reproduction kit
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
kitcarguy wrote:
Dan at ff was selling the company years ago because his wife was really sick. If I recall he wanted $175k for the molds to a few cars, the frame tooling, etc. The website has not been updated since 2012. I tried to get him to sell off certain things but he claimed he had several Interested parties . 3 years later and he has fallen off the radar.

And keep in mind. Dan was selling a Valkyrie with a tube chassis and big motor option and could not make it work. There is just not enough demand

That's interesting, they used to be really strong at Carlisle over the years. I was wondering what happened. Their website was updated as of 2014, and I imagine they are still making cars since they were running a special this month.

His asking price... geez, that's funny. Dave at SSC was asking almost twice that for far less inventory. And he complained that nobody was interested...

To the original poster: Getting a chassis registered in the US that came from Thailand will be next to impossible since most states here will require a title. Even then, the import tax alone is enough to kill the sale. Body parts, maybe... there is a guy somewhere in Singapore, I think, that has made a Nova/Sterling clone and a few guys here have bought parts from him. The shipping was nearly twice what the cost of the parts were. You'll need to really consider your target market along with your shipping costs. Not that I don't want anyone to succeed in their chosen venture, but I think you are really going to be limited in where you can ship efficiently.

my goal is selling this around asia starting country next to me , MY / SIN / JAP and save thailand for last.
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
856. Unofficially. That's how many Sterlings were produced, not counting the handful over the past years from other companies. Dave has sold new bodies. They are much straighter than the originals and better put together, simply due to the advance in fiberglass composites. There is a market, but a very limited one. If I was younger and raced, I'd do a tube chassis with a new body one it with electric power... I hate to cut up a "classic" body - too many have been lost already.

Now, back to the original poster's thread Laughing

should be fiberglass with kevlar cloth , you can put less fiber but the cloth will make the car stronger and lighter , i use with mine either , compare with the original car from fiberfab , it almost 2 times lighter weight
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamridergarage wrote:
Letterman7 wrote:
kitcarguy wrote:
Dan at ff was selling the company years ago because his wife was really sick. If I recall he wanted $175k for the molds to a few cars, the frame tooling, etc. The website has not been updated since 2012. I tried to get him to sell off certain things but he claimed he had several Interested parties . 3 years later and he has fallen off the radar.

And keep in mind. Dan was selling a Valkyrie with a tube chassis and big motor option and could not make it work. There is just not enough demand

That's interesting, they used to be really strong at Carlisle over the years. I was wondering what happened. Their website was updated as of 2014, and I imagine they are still making cars since they were running a special this month.

His asking price... geez, that's funny. Dave at SSC was asking almost twice that for far less inventory. And he complained that nobody was interested...

To the original poster: Getting a chassis registered in the US that came from Thailand will be next to impossible since most states here will require a title. Even then, the import tax alone is enough to kill the sale. Body parts, maybe... there is a guy somewhere in Singapore, I think, that has made a Nova/Sterling clone and a few guys here have bought parts from him. The shipping was nearly twice what the cost of the parts were. You'll need to really consider your target market along with your shipping costs. Not that I don't want anyone to succeed in their chosen venture, but I think you are really going to be limited in where you can ship efficiently.

my goal is selling this around asia starting country next to me , MY / SIN / JAP and save thailand for last.

If you think there is a market for it in that area then go for it man.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck!

bnc
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
Good Luck!

bnc

no mold until more than 3 orders per car model , that should be the safe way , now i will just keep going til finish the car first , then will see. thanks for your opinion.
Rad-Ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how long ago it was but I spoke with Dan at FiberFab and he sent me body tags and a letter to help with getting the Avenger I bought on the road again. With the number body number on the inside roof he told me the year mine was made and what body number it was. I will be starting on mine soon, been collecting parts for awhile...now it's time to build!

Last edited by Rad-Ride on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rad-Ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of my Avenger. Two photos of when I found it and one when I took the body off the old pan.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

681tonburb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I titled my avenger with the VW frame went throuh all the paper work when I was in nc to get a custom car title after I got it it came back apart and a tube frame build started .
RockinGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Avenger GT12 Chassis Reply with quote

Rad-Ride wrote:
Here are some pictures of my Avenger. Two photos of when I found it and one when I took the body off the old pan.

Hi Rad-Ride, I just joined & saw this old post. How did your Avenger build go? What chassis did you use? Would you post some pics plz?

I want to get an Avenger GT12 & put it on a Porsche Boxster chassis -- I heard others have done it before. Can anyone here confirm that plz?

What other newer chassis will the Fiberfab Avenger GT12 fit on? I've looked up wheel base & track width for some cars, but some info not consistent. Are those the only 2 measurements I need to consider in order to find a compatible chassis?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: