Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vintagecarleds
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 07, 2024
vintagecarleds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

Creating a Feedback Thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
the2forces
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Vintage Car LEDS for the outstanding service and LED head lights. I greatly appreciate your time and info when I ordered and your follow through to offer phone assistance with the install. The install was easy and the LEDS make a remarkable difference...very pleased!
steveRnyc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: LEDs... Reply with quote

I'm always skeptical about "modernizing" products for my Vintage Cars and it almost seemed to good to be true but the affordability made it worth the chance. I couldn't be happier/pleasantly surprised with the level of service(had a minor issue installing due to something backwards on my cars end) and the brightness of the lights! Truly amazing. I will be ordering another pair for my convertible Ghia in the spring when it comes out of winter storage.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
vintagecarleds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: LED Headlights Reply with quote

These LED headlight made a huge difference in night driving. I can actually see the road now. Low beam is only 1.5 amps High beam 2.0 each. The folks at Vintage LED are very helpful. Plug and play easy to install. I recommend these if you want to see the road you are driving on or the animals lurking beside the road.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hotsam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

Another happy customer here! I consider these a must-have safety upgrade. I installed a pair of VC2800's on my '71 Super...as important as seat belts.

kirk1015
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

Put these on my '74 Super. Could not be happier with these.

As soon as I turned them on they light up my whole garage.
If the car could sing it would probably be singing "THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC" Like it lit up the cars world for the first time in decades.
Now to get the tail lights sorted out. You guys wouldn't be thinking of making those would ya????

Great Product Applause Applause Applause
jarrod78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

Wow is all I can say. Ordered online, came quick and simply plug and play. I did have one issue with fitment, as the lights wouldn't adjust when in after installation. At 7pm at night I put in question on his website and five minutes later got an email reply asking for pictures etc. At 7:30 pm sent him a few pictures of the back of the bulbs wiring etc. My thought was the lights were deeper and not allowing correct installation. Thomas emailed right back, letting me know my connectors were "way to long" and not only that, found the correct connectors online through a local vendor to me and sent me the link. I picked them up next day installation is complete and am incredibly happy with the product.

More than that though, the follow up and help from Thomas was unreal and greatly appreciated for someone with not many technical skills. Do not hesitate, this is a great product and great company.
jason_hamilton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

Add me to the list. Impressed by the service, amazed by the performance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gringoloco2000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

Great lights and service when you have questions.
vintagecarleds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

kirk1015 wrote:
Put these on my '74 Super. Could not be happier with these.

As soon as I turned them on they light up my whole garage.
If the car could sing it would probably be singing "THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC" Like it lit up the cars world for the first time in decades.
Now to get the tail lights sorted out. You guys wouldn't be thinking of making those would ya????

Great Product Applause Applause Applause

Jim-

Thank you for the kind words.

Please see our video about LED brake lights, you can get them locally too. We just wanted to spread the word.

Link

one4house
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

I dealt with Thomas throughout my transaction. I cannot express enough how good of service and help I got from him.

There were two issues I faced when trying to get my headlights; 1. out of stock on the needed product. 2. faulty bulb.

On the issue of the out of stock product, I had originally ordered the VC2500 bulb only setup to go in a set of H4 housings I already had. Shipping seemed to be delayed so I contacted Thomas who told me about being out of stock. In the same email he informed me that he had upgraded my order, for free, to a set of the VC2800's because of them being out of stock. Excellent customer service there. I was happy as could be.

Once the bulbs arrived, It was obvious that I had gotten a sick bulb. The fan cooling the bulb is giving me the howl of death. Thomas asked that I try a couple of things to make sure it was not a simple fix, and immediately assure me that a replacement bulb will be sent my way ASAP once we established I got a faulty bulb.

The product itself works great. The difference between the stock bulbs and the LED set they sell is unreal. I highly recommend these bulbs to anyone wanting to be able to see better. It is a great improvement over stock.
My Old 70 Squareback
onetuza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

I tried a set of 2800 lumen bulbs in my conversion lamps and loved them, but they were sticking on high beam and had to send them back.
I thought they were heating up and that what was causing the problem.

Thomas tested them and had me test the voltage at the lamps with the car running.
It turned out that I had 12.29v on low beam and 11.99v on high beam.
it was determined that I had too much voltage drop.

I cleaned my fuses and fuse holders and did the same with the spade connectors on the fuse block.
Then I swapped out my foot switch for a new one from WW.
My voltage went up to 12.75v both on low and high.

I plan to install a new headlight switch to see if I can improve the voltage some more.

Thomas is sending me a new set of bulbs to try for 2 or three weeks, free of charge.
If the problem is solved, I can pay for them again.
Wow, great customer service!
GI Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

Great service and great product!! The output on the VC2800's is awesome! I live way out in the sticks, and we don't have all that nasty city light pollution.. This also means the twisty, hilly East Tn roads are dark as coal at night! These bulbs light the way remarkably, and make any night driving much safer and more enjoyable!

I highly recommend aligning your headlights after install, as to not blind oncoming drivers with these beasts!!

Thanks Vintage Car LEDs!!

I'll be ordering a set for my Vrod, once I figure out what reflectors I using!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8080337#8080337
www.NLEOMF.com
Respect, Honor, Remember
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

I just got a pair of leds from Thomas, great service!
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
CarlIseminger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

I installed the Modern LED headlights in my bug when I replaced the fenders a couple of weeks ago. WOW. Very bright. They even light up the street signs in daylight. I still have to aim them, but what an improvement over the stock lights. I am so much happier now, and I feel safer.

I had a couple of questions when I first turned them on and Thomas was the one that helped me. Very quick responses to my emails. It turns out the items I had questions on were the normal operation of the lights.
hossdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

I recently purchased a set of VC4000 for a 63 bug (bulb set up only)..... First, ordering, shipping, and delivery were excellent. Fast, quick, and on time. Chatting with Thomas was a breeze and he is incredibly helpful. These replaced an earlier set of VC2800 I had which were excellent as well but the VC4000 blew them out of the water.
Fitment was excellent and required no modification or changes and fit nicely in the 63 headlight bucket.

The red Jetta GLI split photo (below) is comparison of Halogen H4 vs. VC2800 H4 LED (fyi)

My brother now runs my old VC2800 is ecstatic about the results. My father runs the same VC2800 in a 91 Jetta GLi (see pics) and love them. We will be upgrading to the VC4000 for his GLI in the next week or two as he was blown away with the VC4000 results; so these are excellent outside of the aircooled vehicles to (FYI).

I give them 10 thumbs up. As their upgrades continue so will mine. These are excellent and Thomas is a honest, thorough, and quick response guy.

bugginDJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: VC4000 Reply with quote

I just installed my new VC4000 headlights on my '71 Single Cab, and I cannot stop smiling. Vintage Car LEDs was very helpful in answering my questions before my purchase. Installation is exactly the same amount of work as replacing a headlight. These lights are amazingly bright and have a great pattern. Best purchase I have made in a long while.
2016 GMC Canyon
hossdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Replaced Prior VC2800 w/ VC4000 (91 Jetta GLI) vintagecarleds Reply with quote

Super happy with even better lighting. The VC2800 were amazing. Opted to upgrade to the VC4000 and didnt think they should be that much brighter but was way wrong. Pics don't really do a justice to the difference but there is a night and day difference (excuse the corny pun). Excellent service as always! A must have if you need better lighting in aircooled and watercooled H4 equipped vehicles. Thanks again Thomas.

wacarone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: vintagecarleds - [email protected] - Thomas Reply with quote

Is the Hella lens upgrade worth the $60 cost? Didn't notice if anyone bought them.thanks
2012 APR Stage II 2.0 TSI Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: