Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mr. Injector feedback...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest ECU for the Tiico requires new injectors that have a groove that not all of them have: sending any eBay purchases to him for cleaning makes sense but would he be able to machine the grooves if I can't find the right ones? I can ask him but I wondered if anyone had experience with this.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IoWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, when replacing the rubber hoses, what do you use to cut the fuel lines to proper length? Will a utility knife work, ot is there a better way?
61Scout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulbeard wrote:
The latest ECU for the Tiico requires new injectors that have a groove that not all of them have: sending any eBay purchases to him for cleaning makes sense but would he be able to machine the grooves if I can't find the right ones? I can ask him but I wondered if anyone had experience with this.

Probably not, judging from his website it looks like he only cleans. I'm wondering what the significance is of the groove. I'm guessing the injectors are a different impedance. Or another way of asking... What difference will machining a groove make? Are they being held differently? Sounds like more information/research is needed. I'd be looking for exact part numbers to work with/cross reference.

IoWesty wrote:
As an aside, when replacing the rubber hoses, what do you use to cut the fuel lines to proper length? Will a utility knife work, ot is there a better way?

The best tool one can have to cut rubber hose is the same tool plumbers use to cut small diameter pvc pipe. This can be found at any of the big box home centers. Here's a visual, just as an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Industries-T100-Origina...ose+cutter

djkeev- That's good turn around time actually, if you consider most of the time spent was sitting in the mail going back/forth between you and Mr. Injector.

-Kevin
Remove the front spindle nut with ease: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=679567&highlight=
Remove the rear wheel bearing housing without messing with the big 46mm nut: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=679507&highlight=

-Nec Spe, Nec Metu
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

61Scout wrote:
Paulbeard wrote:

Probably not, judging from his website it looks like he only cleans. I'm wondering what the significance is of the groove. I'm guessing the injectors are a different impedance. Or another way of asking... What difference will machining a groove make? Are they being held differently? Sounds like more information/research is needed. I'd be looking for exact part numbers to work with/cross reference.
-Kevin

It's to accommodate a clip, best I can tell. Some people use hacksaws (!) to git'r done.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent in my injectors below.....

Note, the post office had a problem with the Mr. Injector address (no record on file). I sent them anyway....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my injectors back. I shipped them last Monday

Check out the before & after Shocked

Note, I didn't send them the busted injector in the other pic...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine just ran flawlessly for 7000 miles..... Laughing

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:

Dave

and after 7000 miles?????? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
djkeev wrote:

Dave

and after 7000 miles?????? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Time will tell........

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original injectors worked kinda ok until I replaced all the fuel lines last month. I dropped an injector on the porch & the impact killed it (see injector 1 on the spreadsheet).
Looking forword to getting this van back on the road with the rebuilt injectors

Last edited by tjet on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so.. is there any difference from send them out to be cleaned and calibrate versus getting the rebuilt from VC or GW?

thanks
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price. Came to $74 w/ship.

Mine were ugly & I figured at least one was beyond repair, but all were ok to fix
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjet wrote:

Mine were ugly & I figured at least one was beyond repair, but all were ok to fix

Mine were $78 and came back with test sheets and candy. Glad there are people like this out there…

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulbeard wrote:
tjet wrote:

Mine were $78 and came back with test sheets and candy. Glad there are people like this out there…

So I guess they were able to modify your injectors and added the grooves?

Note, the green candy is sour Exclamation
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjet wrote:
Paulbeard wrote:
tjet wrote:

So I guess they were able to modify your injectors and added the grooves?

I think I have the correct pre-grooved ones, from the fuel rail assembly I bought and returned the rest of. The new one arrived from Germany yesterday, looking minty fresh.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
jwallis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. Injector feedback... Reply with quote

Just got mine back from Rich at cruzinperformance.com.

Steps he does: http://cruzinperformance.com/injsteps.html
which include replacement of screen and pintle (hopefully standard for any rebuild).

Total cost is $19/injector + return shipping ($10 for me, several states away).

Very nice working with him. He just had shoulder surgery so his turnaround right now is a little slow but I imagine he'll be back at it once he's done with rehab. I told him to take his time as I'm in no hurry, shoulder health is more important than any dumb injectors.

Recommended.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Popsvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. Injector feedback... Reply with quote

Does anyone have any real feel changes other than the flow tests provided? I want mine rebuilt have the new rails, just have to pull and ship. Just wondered if anyone installed the rebuilt and noticed a performance ( that sounds silly on a Vanagon) or a temp, idle difference?
Thanks
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. Injector feedback... Reply with quote

I noticed a better idle and a more even from pull from the lights and on the freeway right away when I had my injectors rebuilt. Vanagon injectors definitely benefit from being cleaned and I consider it money well spent.
I did not use Mr. injector though.
Popsvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. Injector feedback... Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:
I noticed a better idle and a more even from pull from the lights and on the freeway right away when I had my injectors rebuilt. Vanagon injectors definitely benefit from being cleaned and I consider it money well spent.
I did not use Mr. injector though.

Thank you I look forward to getting this done.
Alaric.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. Injector feedback... Reply with quote

He has done about 20 for me and no problems so far. Some of them tested bad so I had him trash them instead of sending them back. I keep a rebuilt set here if any one needs to do any testing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: