Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche linkage
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Porsche linkage Reply with quote

Has anyone ever ran Porsche linkage on a doghouse shroud? I know the cross bar can be made to work. Just not sure on the rest of the linkage from the cable to the cross bar.
Big_E_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche linkage Reply with quote

Mr.Ragtop wrote:
Has anyone ever ran Porsche linkage on a doghouse shroud? I know the cross bar can be made to work. Just not sure on the rest of the linkage from the cable to the cross bar.

Not sure which Porsche linkage you're referring too, the cross-bar type that mounts to the rear of the fan shroud? If so, this is something I'm working on as well, except that we're using a stock 36hp fan shroud (similar profile/dimensions to the Porsche 356 fan shroud). From what I can tell so far, the linkage should work for my application but you have the oil cooler housing in the rear that might be in the way of the cross-bar linkage and lower linkage. This photo might help to answer your question.....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1958 VW Beetle - "Max": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
1959 VW Bus - "Hans" - Double Door Panel (sold): https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746927
2014 Porsche 991.1 Carrera S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: