Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hit and run
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Hit and run Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
cbeck wrote:
And then has the nerve after being released for ten minutes he posts[sorry
little blue dune buggy in franklin efen county we call that bump drafting]
I don't feel the love.

I'd throw a road flare through his living room window. What a piece of shit.

I'd light the flare beforehand. Wink Cusser, glad to hear your daughter will be OK. Douchebags are everywhere I suppose.
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$89 dash cam available at any large truck stop . 20 minute continuos loop . I won't drive a truck without one .

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update-perps ins.-the hartford, claims adjuster is a real b&#$h and I hope her pearly gates lead to the dmv. took 1 month to accept liability. After warning them about spec const they send out a clueless individual who is worried about tread depth. Call adj b&#$h two weeks later, she agrees to send a vehicle appraiser ,cool. Call adj b&#$h 2 weeks later, how about I send a copy of my receipts, that only took 2 hrs at the ups store. Call adj b&#$h 2 weeks later and she said she could not make out total on one of the 88 pages of photocopied receipts. Called adj b&#$h and left vm of $amount. Called adj b&#$h 2 weeks later [notice a habit forming, never called me once] and asst stated the notes stated there was 3 receipts they could not make out. At this time I stated I felt like I was being jerked around and you have 2 weeks til I call a attorney. 2 weeks came and went, out the door they went. Lawyer insists my boy and I see his doctor. I did get 1 appraisal at 10,600. Lawyer is arraigning another. Stupid adj b&#$h, 1 would have settled for less than that, but now I was forced to start a chain of events that I can,t control. Being 50 , graying, and a worker bee I won,t be fibbing about all of my aches and pains. Now my lawyer is working for his paycheck. Did,t want to, but they left me no choice.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful, adjuster bitch & the companies they work for like to find anything they can to weasel out of a claim, including keeping tabs on social media. For future reference, ALWAYS have the vehicle towed from scene & take the ambulance ride, without it, you'll have a much harder time getting injury claims from them. A customer called me about his car after it had been totaled & I gave him the same advice, he did & was lucky, he was a pilot & wasn't able to fly for 7 months until his doc cleared him. Another called me about an accident she was in & she didn't follow my advise & go to the ER, unfortunately she died 2& 1/2 weeks later from internal bleeding caused by damage from the seat belt.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

Nother update, good and bad news. bad first, the prosecutor sent a letter outlining charges, top of the list is excessive BAC. WTF, Doesn't sound like dwi to me, sounds more like drunk in public? Tlme for karma to kick in. On to the better news. Signed paper at lawyers office last week. $17450 for buggy and I get to keep hulk and $1500 for my son's personal injury [minus 33% and expenses]. The prosecutors letter wants a list of out of pocket expenses to try and recover. I will talk to lawyer and see if I can claim anything. Damn turnip doesn,t have any blood, or a valid license, or car, or even a trailer made this century. Crying or Very sad
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

Last update- next a rebuild thread.
Out of pocket
first appraisal, 275, came to me, came in at 10,600, didn't really like that one.
Second appraisal, 200, trailered to them, came in at 15,900.
Doctor order for x-ray, 120, for my sons cut knee.
x-ray 45
Hartford offered 4000.
Attorney drew up a suit and sent it to them.
Signed checks and put in attorneys escrow this week, should finally get paid next week.
1550 for sons pi
1550 for my pi
15900 for buggy and I still have hulk.
Minus attorneys 33% and expenses.
I fear my friend may miss out on the prison rape we wished for.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

After the $4000 offer, I'm kinda hoping the adjuster gets some one on one time with the same lonely inmates. Are you going back with the same chassis or are you going to order one of the custom built?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

I'm going to cut it in half at the top of windshield hoop, back to and down rear hoop. Once it starts coming apart I will determine how bad the torsion is and may loose it also. Its a beeline frame so I am thinking of converting it into a pack rat frame. I did go thru the process of getting a vin assigned to the frame. After putting about 2k miles on it, I've got a few things I want to change that I probably would not have done since it was all just redone. I've been window shopping for 6 mos and hope to have a 6500 to 7k budget including a minimum of a new crank and case. The header did bend a little from contact with the pulley resulting in low oil pressure when warm. This will be an attempt to salvage what we can to splurge on some better heads and carbs. Or some 3x3's, or 6 in warrior beam, or remote fill fuel cell, or suspension seats, or...
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

As long as I am quoting this thread somewhere else, a little up date. Finally settled 7 months later. The first thing my lawyer( named kilo) did was to call the adjuster and compliment her on her strong german name Twisted Evil
The perp, lets call him thomas ridens of pacific, mo recieved suspended imposition of sentence and probation. Several cases tried together. 1-dwi, resist arrest, no seatbelt. Mine, #2-excessive bac, leaving the scene, c&i causing a accident, and no license. Meanwhile in between conviction and sentencing aquired #3- domestic assualt 3rd degree. Failed to appear for #3 and judge issued warrant @$1000 cash only. Didn't take long to pick him up and a court date set for probation violation. So my fine, upstanding perp failed to appear again Rolling Eyes Judge issues another warrant. So this college educated (law school right?) judge issues another $1000cash only warrant, because it worked so well the first time Shocked this was as of 4/9/18.
Me, I got new windows and a lot of neat buggy shit. 1.5 yeats later of every spare moment I am almost finished. It's the blue one.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

Finally justice served. Last week probation was revoked, 120 days in the county gray bar motel. Dancing
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

Four years is a long time for resolution. Glad nobody got hurt and you were made whole for losses. Maybe the perp will realize the damage he did and atone but I doubt it.

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

Lets just say that if I lived one county over, that judge would not get my vote.
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

My car was hit while parked at the shopping center, totalled my door. cop came out, Christmas eve, said not anything he could unless we had a description of the vehicle. I noted a store security camera, Next I went to store to ask to view the video. Store policy was only police could view it, They told me they keep the video for 30 days. I call the cops, tell them I need them to meet with store manager to view the tape. Worthless pigs drag their feet, Keep telling me they will get to it. I call them almost daily to come see the tape, always an excuse. The pigs drag it out, then finally the pig shows up, meets the manager, but 35 days had passed, tape was recorded over.

Rotten pigs are worthless in my city. I despise them. They sure were quick to write me a ticket for parkkng my car on my front lawn to wash it, bastard tell me it is illegal to park on my lawn. Wrote me the ticket even though I moved the car while he was there. The city website even recommends to wash your car on the lawn to save water, even though it is illegal.
Pigs in my town are proven worthless.

Bug On!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

This thread sure took an angry turn...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
They sure were quick to write me a ticket for parkkng my car on my front lawn to wash it, bastard tell me it is illegal to park on my lawn. Wrote me the ticket even though I moved the car while he was there.

Bug On!

What the fuck? Do you mean you were given a ticket for illegal parking on your private property? That can't be serious...

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

Them theres a big city law. Shame on you
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hit and run Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
This thread sure took an angry turn...

It’s a non-Candian thing to keyboard hate all the stuff you will never do in real life.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: