Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
this person is looking for a like "new" eurovan camper at less than what it cost "new". There's a lot of asks for the price.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2484981

Quote:
will not pay $30K for a used car no matter how good it is.

Weird way to phrase "My maximum is $30K"

I'd totally spend $30K on a used car worth $10K or more than the asking price...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not a whine per se but he should take his signature line out if he wants to sell his "money pit" lol
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2506190
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not Eurovan parts per se, but is this seller finding customers at this price?

"it's only a model"
02Berry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Just gotta whine about this: the day after we bought Berry its passenger window failed to open. Five months later, now the driver's window won't open either (a much more problematic problem, for those of us in the drive-thru lifestyle).

The passenger window problem is in the regulator / motor, and one's on order. Haven't diagnosed the driver's side yet, but thanks for letting me whine.
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

<start of whine>
Some Eurovan parts are plentiful: ball joints, calipers, rotors, drive shafts, etc.

But there are a lot of engine and transmission parts which are declining rapidly. Seems like VW made a bunch of VR6 and automatic transmission variants that don't share basic parts: Coolant hoses, pans, etc.

Completely understand that the interior and exterior body parts may be unique to the Eurovan. But surprised and disappointed they didn't re-use more from their powertrain "standard parts bin" on these and other VW vehicles from the same era...

<end of whine>

I feel better now
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

this is just a weekender! Not sure if the price is worth the work done...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2634822
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
this is just a weekender! Not sure if the price is worth the work done...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2634822

It's a nice build but agree the asking price is high.
I like some of the updates and mods they've made.
bigfoot_ev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

VanGeek wrote:
It's a nice build but agree the asking price is high.
I like some of the updates and mods they've made.

I have to admit I'm very conflicted when I see ads like these. On one hand the price they ask just seems ridiculous and I feel bad for the purchaser but on the other...I own one of these!

Whelp, time to start looking for more things to buy for the van, 'cause it's an investment. Wink
Endopotential
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

The seller must be checking our comments, because asking price dropped from $48.5k to $40k.

They did a ton of nice mods along the way, along with what seems good mechanical refresh. No mention of mileage though?
dsheon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Eurovans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a Eurovan being parted out now? I'm looking for a steering angle sensor.
OR
Does anyone have familiar driving with a bad steering angle sensor and just leaving it in? Yes it may disable ability to adjust to shifting loads or sudden turns but I'm not convinced it's essential. Is it? Any harm in just leaving it in and disconnecting ABS light (or using electrical tape to cover it? Smile
thx
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: