Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AA Performance - kokoparts
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little-Acorn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: AA Performance - kokoparts Reply with quote

New carb for 74 Super Beetle

Couldn't get the newly rebuilt engine to idle to save me. Went through the standard procedure for setting up the old 34 PICT-3 carb, and could never get the Volume screw to bottom. Seems stripped.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a new 34PICT-3 from "kokoparts" on eBay. $84 plus tax and shipping, eBay item number 171147852564. They're near Los Angeles, I'm in San Diego.

Their eBay ad said that if my payment cleared by 3:00 PM, they'd ship same day. I ordered it at 2:00 PM last Friday, and sure enough on Saturday I got a notice from UPS saying it was shipped. On Monday morning I got a notice saying UPS had a delivery for me from "AA Performance Products" to arrive by the end of that day. Terrific response and shipping by AA!

And then something went wrong. UPS changed their prediction of delivery on Monday, to "Delivery information no available". On Tuesday I started rattling cages, asking UPS what was going on and where was the package. UPS Customer Center on Ronson Rd. kept handing me BS in obscure jargon, clearly they had no clue.

Finally wrote "kokoparts" on eBay today (Wednesday), describing the situation. They immediately started a UPS trace procedure. By 2:00PM, UPS had added a line to their tracking for the package, saying the package was lost and they were investigating.

I mentioned it to "kokoparts" (I guess that's AA Performance's eBay name). And they immediately put another carb in the mail, to be delivered tomorrow, without even being asked! I've got the tracking number, and everything looks good to go.

I have frankly never seen such good customer service as AA Performance Parts is providing. They are bending over backward to make things right, even though the problem isn't their fault at all. They had already provided very fast response and shipping. It was UPS who dropped the ball later.

Massive kudoes to AA Performance Products in La Puente, CA (aka "kokoparts" on eBay)!! And especially to Julio, their Customer Service guy.

I have no relation with them, except for being a VERY satisfied customer.
Little-Acorn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Package tracking now shows that the new carburetor package (shipped yesterday by AA Performance Products) is now on a local delivery truck here in San Diego, and will be delivered today by the end of the day.

I can't say enough good things about AA Performance Products (kokoparts on eBay). Hard to believe they shipped me a second brand-new carburetor even after performing admirably on the first shipment (not their fault UPS lost the first package).

Plus, they had by far the lowest price on the carb. I doubt they are making any money off this deal, yet they shipped the second one instantly without even being asked.
Little-Acorn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truck just stopped by and handed me a neat little box, containing the prettiest 34 PICT-3 carb I've ever seen. (Never thought I'd call a 34 PICT-3 that.) And it even had a mounting gasket on the bottom flange.

All kudos and plaudits to AA Performance Parts of La Puente, CA and its superior customer service!
sterling11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AA Performance - kokoparts Reply with quote

I ordered from them once and never again. Said part would ship that day only to have it ship out 3 days later . So if you like being lied to by all means use them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: