Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westies at Watkins 2015
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sjwillis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Westies at Watkins 2015 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This was our first time at this event and only the second VW meetup we've been to (I play in a couple of bands so getting out on the weekends is tough. More mid-week campouts needed!)

Anyway, here's a writeup I did of the Westies at Watkins event with a bunch of photos. A really well-run event and our family had a blast. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.alltogetheroutthere.com/westies-at-watkins-2015/

Here's the video of the campers going around the track:
https://www.facebook.com/sportscarvintageracing/videos/526861987469606/

The video guy from SVRA did a few interviews of Vanagon owners at the event, I'll post that video when he makes it available.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an enthusiastic write up doing one of my favourite memories. I did the Watkins Glen get together when it was in the State park and we did the run around the track 3 times on the Sunday. Reading your write up reminds me of all that I miss owning a Vanagon. I really miss the travelling to and from a meet n greet and all the special people you meet. Glad to hear that life in Vanagons goes on. Thanks for the write up and the memories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Westies at Watkins 2015 Reply with quote

Sjwillis wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A race drivers worst nightmare right there

"Darn it stuck behind a VW Bus.... wait there's like 20 of them.. noooooooooooo!"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: