Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Disc Brakes on Buggy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc Brakes on Buggy Reply with quote

I wouldn't dream of doing a hill climb with drum brakes. I wouldn't want to get half way up with hill and have the breaks getting hot or starting to pull.

brad
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc Brakes on Buggy Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
Dale M. wrote:
slalombuggy wrote:
I never had problems with brake fade auto-xing but I always had a pull no matter what I did. The only time I had a hint of fade is when I had to do a rerun on a long course. The pedal wasn't squishy but I could tell it was definitely not the same.

Dale, I've seen drilled drums on race cars too. Can't imagine how long that took to lay out and drill. I've also seen backing plates cut out much like the sand guys do for more air or scoops welded into the backing plates.

brad

What Grant is concerned about is a hill climb it has about a 2000 ft elevation change and 8-10 almost 180 degree turns and short straight where you can blast up to 100mph before hitting the hairpin... I have not seen the actual hill but have had several friend who do the hill climb tell me about it...

Here is short video of hill and how its done, driver is unknown to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL6G22x88io

Dale

That would be cool to do, except for that ending thing.

Yeah... Not quite sure how he did that as he was supposed to be turning right....

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc Brakes on Buggy Reply with quote

Looks like the right front and both rears locked up and came around. Looks like he landed in the rose bushes....

brad
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Disc Brakes on Buggy Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
Looks like the right front and both rears locked up and came around. Looks like he landed in the rose bushes....

brad

Wild blackberrys .... Nasty plants but good fruit when ripe... You look like you have been mauled by a bear when you get loose of them...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Disc Brakes on Buggy Reply with quote

Finished the install of the EMPI five wide for swing axle from Dan's Performance. Great kit, no issues; make sure you watch the EMPI trouble shooting video online.

Next upgrade will be the tubing to clean it up.
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Disc Brakes on Buggy Reply with quote

This is a good informative thread

My '67 Split Window Bus project :
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634144

My '67 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug Build:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541870
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: