Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
riverside66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
Though it never monsooned as projected, the forecast kept a lot of folks home, so the turn out was pretty poor.
But with limited numbers comes delightful surprises!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dude that's cool as crap! Congrats! The bus itself is the real trophy, but that's a sweet unexpected bit of icing on the cake Cool

Nice job man!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=624582&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

With all this rain, I'm finally having to bite the bullet and begin replacing door and window seals on the bus.
Anyone have any suggestions or advice on a quality rear hatch seal? The door seal currently is allowing water to puddle up in the left corner by the linen cabinet and me no likey.
Seems pretty straight forward, looking to have one about mid next week, it's been nothing but rain lately!
1965 Ruby Red Standard Beetle -gifted to my dad
1959 Dove Blue Single Cab
ISO Rebuild kit APG Fuel Pump (Type 4/72-74
Bus)
Show respect to those here, who know more than ourselves, that are willing to share insight, and take time from their lives to benefit our own projects. Kindness goes a long way, remember the elders of our wonderful community.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
curtp07 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Not that it helps the seal but if you're keeping the bus outside (like I do my Beetle) - a nice car cover made ALL the difference for me.

After screwing around with junk Pep Boys covers .... Got a heavy duty cover from JBugs...doesn't BD have a good bus cover?

Anyway good luck w the seal!

Curt
ERJ 170/190
S-76C++
EC145
MD530
B429
BK117
B206/L4
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

I like the bus depot cover. If you live in a real windy area, it will buff your paint, but then any of them would......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Rear hatch seal has been ordered, back ordered one week through Bus Depot, hoping it's as pretty as I'm anticipating.
I did receive my new non-adjustable tie rod assembly. Now I've been out with a pulled back for a week, but dammit, sitting around is driving me nuts! So hopefully I can worm under the bus and swap it out. Inner tie rod end is shot (only crappy one left) and I'm really hoping it eliminates my slightly sloppy steering on the highway.
Really wanting to button it up against cross winds and big rigs. After this, all I have left is ball joints and steering box. One day...
Bus)
Show respect to those here, who know more than ourselves, that are willing to share insight, and take time from their lives to benefit our own projects. Kindness goes a long way, remember the elders of our wonderful community.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

FYI,
NEVER DRIVE WITHOUT A PROPER ALIGNMENT AFTER CHANGING STEERING CONPONENTS.
I nearly died, and I'm pretty sure I shortened my life with the stress. Once I'm up to par, I'm going to bring in my toe-in adjustments. Whoa. Never doing that again.
Bus)
lil-jinx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

This is how it was done in the truckshop.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/wheel-alignment-guide-zmaz88sozgoe?pageid=2#PageContent2
1968 Dune Buggy
1974 parts bus
Building old cars,keeps me off the streets.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Lil-jinx, thank you for the link. Very simple and self-explanatory.
Aside from risking my life being a dumbass, I doubled down and raised a hand by expediting my need for a couple new tires before long.
Dammit I'm dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Shocked
Bus)
rusty busty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Done that before. I got to experience the "death wobble" in an old chevy pickup truck after changing tie rods. Shocked
Turns out alignment is kind of important.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Jump to:
Page 47 of 47

Jump to: