Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Leak in fuel line by T-fitting and air flow meter boot
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
IoWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Leak in fuel line by T-fitting and air flow meter boot Reply with quote

I just changed my fuel lines using the GoWesty fuel line replacement kit. Everything went well until I took the van for a test drive. I have a leak where the new fuel line goes over the T-fitting (to the driver's side of the fuel pressure release screw) to the driver side fuel rail. I am going to change clamps and see if that doesn't fix the leak.

Does the this T-fitting go bad or is my clamping faulty?

Second, I reinstalled the airbox and now the rubber boot wont stay clamped to the air flow meter on the airbox. Any tricks to get this to stay clamped together?
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect your clamp on that fitting. Snug it up or do over and see what happens.
Did you use the GW crimp-style clamps? What kind of pliers did you use? Just curious...

Juggle that boot to the AFM and it should settle in to place. Make sure the air filter
box is settled into the rubber mounts on the right side of the engine bay.

Keep us posted!

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
IoWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Turns out the valve on the T- fitting was leaking gas, not the hose. I had to loosen the screw and play with the washer a little, but its not leaking now. I'll keep my eye on it for a few days.

I used the GoWesty crimp style clams and a pair of clamp pliers from Home Depot I got for about $8. They really do the trick.

For some reason, the clamp on the intake boot won't snug up. I'll keep at it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: