Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My soon to be new 1970 vw transporter (restoration)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: My soon to be new 1970 vw transporter (restoration) Reply with quote

ccpalmer wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:

I doubt my oil lost 20F in the literal minute I had it off. So I have concerns about accuracy at higher temperatures or maybe just extended driving.

busdaddy wrote:

Your oil temps don't sound alarming, it's odd that it would drop like that, maybe that's a dead corner of the sump and the stuff that was in circulation soaked up some of the heat as it sat? Or is the sensor getting radiant heat from your badass exhaust?

Hey Gabe -

Just saw this post. I have the same thing happen - oil at 230-245* on the highway, but when I make a quick stop then start driving again the temp drops 20-40 degrees in that minute. Always made me wonder. I have confirmed my gauge with laser thermo on various parts of the engine.

And I don't have a badass exhaust... Crying or Very sad

I've checked mine with a laser thermo too. I have not checked it at 240*, but I have at 220-225 and it was accurate. It just drops sooo quickly!

I'm hoping my new exhaust will help temps a little, I'll let you know if it does and you can upgrade to the cool kid exhaust club. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My soon to be new 1970 vw transporter (restoration) Reply with quote

I got my new tach in the mail today, and with the help of my dad it is in and running today!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My soon to be new 1970 vw transporter (restoration) Reply with quote

Well, not much work going on for the van. I've been needing to keep up with maintenance on my truck lately with the little bit of car time I get. I have an offset pulley right now that is slowly eating belts, so I'll be fixing that soon. And I still have oil cooler seals leaks. Hoping to drop the engine to do those and another small upgrade soon.

Over the 4th of July we went to see my grandparents and my grandmother had found my new favorite cup in he cupboard and gave it to me as a gift. It's from busses by the beach. She had it nicely wrapped when I arrived what a pleasant surprise!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Anyway, I've just been daily driving Brutis and getting more confident in her.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Jump to:
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: