Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Top End Rebuild - Lurching in 3rd
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
little_waters
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: New Top End Rebuild - Lurching in 3rd Reply with quote

I just got a top end rebuild and it was running awesome for the last few weeks. Had the scheduled oil change just last week and now just noticed since yesterday that the van is lurching intermittently, feels almost like someone is slamming on the breaks for a second. Seems to do it when I'm in third at around 2700 rpm. I called the guys who rebuilt it and I can take it back for them to look at it but he doesn't think it's necessarily from the engine rebuild.

Are there a couple things people would suggest I could check first to see if it's something I could easily adjust or fix myself before making the trek to the mechanic (mechanic is in another city)? Also my idle rpm is pretty high right now (1500-1600), could this be causing this lurching in anyway? Adjusting my idle will be the first thing I try and I've been meaning to do it anyway.

Thanks again everyone Smile
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chk all vac lines fuel filters air filter dist grounds etc somethings unhooked or your out out timing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
little_waters
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks joker! I did also get the fuel lines changed on it when the engine got rebuilt. Maybe one of those came loose?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: