Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

one speed wiper motor
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarmchairpilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: one speed wiper motor Reply with quote

My replacement wiper motor has 5 wires attached
green
,black/yellow,
black,
black/white and
brown.

problem is how to wire up to suit my wiper switch on dashboard 1971 standard 1 speed,only 4 terminals,there was a brown/white on top left(under hood looking in)then two brown wires from the terminal bottom left.

On the other side of the switch was a black/purple wire,then below that is a pair of black wires from one terminal.
How can I make this work?Thanks.
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just get a 2-speed switch to match the 2-speed replacement motor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jarmchairpilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: one speed wiper Reply with quote

What does the green color signify in vw speak?
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The green wire is part of the park switch. The blk/yel is the hi speed, the blk/wht is 12v when the ignition switch is on. The blk. wire is the low speed and the brn is ground. If you search for wiper motor wiring you will find everything that you need.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: