Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Columbus Day with my dogs and Bus
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Columbus Day with my dogs and Bus Reply with quote

Today was one of those extremely rare occurrences in which I had off from work and my wife did not. Couldn't ask for better weather, so I figured why not spend the day in my Bus? I put a little over 100 miles on the odometer today which may not sound like much, but before today it has only been driven about 90 miles in the past 12+ years. I started the morning off down the country roads of old Bucks County, PA. River Road runs right through the woods next to the Delaware River and offers some really great views. I stopped at Washington Crossing State Park and was delighted to see I was parked near the bus drop-off.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Heading further north I decided to drive up Bowman's Hill, which is part of the State Park. It is an extremely steep (but fairly short) drive, and the Bus handled it like a champ.

There'a a 125 foot tower at the top of the hill, but because of the trees I wasn't able to to get a picture of the tower and Bus together.
I continued north to the town of New Hope where I stopped for some lunch and some people watching. I was only about 14 miles from home but decided to take some unfamiliar roads and I discovered a covered bridge that I never knew existed.

I know there's a Bays & Bridges thread so I figured I'd stop to grab a picture. After a nice leisurely drive I stopped by my house so I could grab my two BFFs and take them to their favorite place (the park).

This was the first time either of them have been in the Bus. I was a little uncomfortable driving with them since they sat right in the middle of the floor in the rear, and I was concerned about what would happen in a sudden stop. All in all it was an awesome day. I hope the weather will afford me at least on more day this year to do some local sightseeing.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice day trip, thanks for sharing. Love the covered bridge photo.
’65 Deluxe Build
justcruzin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics. Very Happy Looked like a great time. Very Happy

1964 Split Window Bus
1966 Beetle Build Thread= http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472933
1969 Delivery Van= http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=566282
1970 Westy Build Thread= http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479538
1971 Squareback Build Thread = http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6652459#6652459
1970 Single Cab, Samson = http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8022609#8022609
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice day trip!

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: