Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Air-cooled vanagons needed in so-cal
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Air-cooled vanagons needed in so-cal Reply with quote

Posted on the Bay Window section. Volunteers needed.
SGKent is the gent who posted this.

PMagnaflow is going to need some 1975 - 1979 smog legal T4 engine buses in Santa Margarita (near Mission Viejo) Orange County sometime soon as they have put together an engineering team this morning to deal with the catalytic converter (or lack thereof issue). We need 75 - 78 stock, 79 Federal and 79 California stock buses, and hopefully some Vanagons of 1980 - 1982 air cooled. Please start putting the feelers out folks. PM me if you want to make yourself available for this - I do not have a date(s) yet. Stock heater boxes and exhausts only for now. We can't cover every possible alteration if yours is modified. We don't yet know if they will need just to see a couple and take measurements, or actually dry fit some cat back exhausts.

If you have a smog cert coming up in the next year or so, this may be an opportunity to have a system available if you need one then. If we fail to address this issue that keeps repeating now since 2009 when the new CARB II law went into effect, there will come a time when we can no longer license these buses in California. PM me and I will start a list of possible candidates. If you know some air cooled stock exhaust vanagons, please point them to this thread. Thank You .

note: they could pull the plug on this and delist their universal VW Transporter/Westy cats, but if they do, that is Ok too because right now if you are told you need a converter, CARB will tell you to stuff an 18" long converter into a 12" spot. October 2015 - Steve

Bill
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: