Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Today in Porsche hunting history...
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
type241
Samba Member


Joined: June 02, 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MOSES LAKE, WA
type241 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Today in Porsche hunting history... Reply with quote

I looked @ 9 Porsches in a backyard yesterday. All for sale!!!
Most have been sitting in very dry climate for 15+ years.
The list:
62ish 356 Super 90
77 911 Targa- original owner w/invoice, 20,000 miles
914-6 Love this car
914 1.7
914 1.7
914 1.8
914 1.8
914 2.0
914 2.0
OH yeah there is a complete STERLING kit car. Odd but cool.
Will be making offers on 356,911, and 914-6. Sure hope I have enough coin. I know pics or it didn't happen. Will have few pics later today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type241
Samba Member


Joined: June 02, 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MOSES LAKE, WA
type241 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Porsche finds Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fritter
Samba Member


Joined: October 14, 2004
Posts: 230
Location: Chicago
Fritter is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome find! Let's see more pics of the 911 and 356. Who cares about the 914's. ;D
_________________
Mike
'64 Sunroof Bug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator


Joined: April 11, 2000
Posts: 65644
Location: Phoenix, AZ
EverettB is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Super 90
_________________
How to Post Photos
Everett Barnes - [email protected] | My wanted ads
"Water is the only drink for a wise man" | "Communication prevents complaints"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type241
Samba Member


Joined: June 02, 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MOSES LAKE, WA
type241 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Porsche Reply with quote

I could give a rat fuck about the 914's also. BUT the 914-6 is a special car. Didn't get too many pics as it was a cold mother out. Will be back there in a couple of days to make offers. They are not on the open market so no competition yet.
The 356 is very good starting point for complete resto. A little rust in rear wheel well area. A little in the pans. The worst of it you cant see in pics. It had been repaired at haedlight areas and hood from running into something and the something went right over the top of the bumper.
Some bondo in those areas. Virtuallly complete and runner when parked many moons ago. Appears that the original color(at least on dash) is a metallic charcoal grey?
The 911 targa is one owner all paperwork, 20,000 miles, interior is great. ZERO RUST OR DENTS. Silver is oxidizing. Ran when parked 12 years ago. A few weekends flushing and lubing and it would run. Cant see anything wrong with it.
Picked up a 3 guage 66 912 with No rust a couple weeks back. Already got it torn apart. It hasn't run in 12 years also. When it rains it pours.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member


Joined: September 03, 2004
Posts: 8626

Braukuche is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
I could give a rat fuck about the 914's also. BUT the 914-6 is a special car. Didn't get too many pics as it was a cold mother out. Will be back there in a couple of days to make offers. They are not on the open market so no competition yet.
The 356 is very good starting point for complete resto. A little rust in rear wheel well area. A little in the pans. The worst of it you cant see in pics. It had been repaired at haedlight areas and hood from running into something and the something went right over the top of the bumper.
Some bondo in those areas. Virtuallly complete and runner when parked many moons ago. Appears that the original color(at least on dash) is a metallic charcoal grey?
The 911 targa is one owner all paperwork, 20,000 miles, interior is great. ZERO RUST OR DENTS. Silver is oxidizing. Ran when parked 12 years ago. A few weekends flushing and lubing and it would run. Cant see anything wrong with it.
Picked up a 3 guage 66 912 with No rust a couple weeks back. Already got it torn apart. It hasn't run in 12 years also. When it rains it pours.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Very nice. How did you find them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type241
Samba Member


Joined: June 02, 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MOSES LAKE, WA
type241 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Porsche finds Reply with quote

I have known about the nine for about five years. Found them when I was paving the street in this small town. 911 in front yard. Drove down alley and bam there they were. Everytime I was in town I would stop. Finally it worked.I just approached the old fella and started talking. There are not many Porsches in this area. We are hillbillies around here. The 912 was on craigslist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid


Joined: February 06, 2009
Posts: 2119
Location: Wilmington, NC
Jake Martinez is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find .. good luck on purchasing
_________________
58 euro vert
63 bug ruby
64 sunroof notch
65 bug
67 standard



zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Congrats, that's going to look like shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member


Joined: July 15, 2006
Posts: 2133
Location: San Clemente, Ca.
Jacks is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suspect of the alleged '62 S90. That badging never came with that car from the factory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member


Joined: September 03, 2004
Posts: 8626

Braukuche is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche finds Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
I have known about the nine for about five years. Found them when I was paving the street in this small town. 911 in front yard. Drove down alley and bam there they were. Everytime I was in town I would stop. Finally it worked.I just approached the old fella and started talking. There are not many Porsches in this area. We are hillbillies around here. The 912 was on craigslist.


That's super cool then, the wait makes the buy that much sweeter. Hope you get a good deal on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type241
Samba Member


Joined: June 02, 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MOSES LAKE, WA
type241 is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: What year 356? Reply with quote

I honestly dont know exact year on 356. I pretty sure it is a B. That is why I said 62ISH as I dont know for sure. The old fella wasn't sure either.
He is well into his eighties, so not to remember is to be expected.Anyone tell the year? If it was a bus I could tell you years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member


Joined: July 15, 2006
Posts: 2133
Location: San Clemente, Ca.
Jacks is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what I meant to say is: that badging never came with ANY car from the factory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member


Joined: April 17, 2003
Posts: 6593
Location: Downingtown, PA
Wiggy is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
I guess what I meant to say is: that badging never came with ANY car from the factory.


Me too. I'm suspecting its a Super with somebody adding the 90 badging. Lets see the tach.
_________________
Kevin "Wiggy"

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mpribanic
Samba Member


Joined: October 25, 2004
Posts: 3174
Location: Neptune Beach, Florida
mpribanic is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What year 356? Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
I honestly dont know exact year on 356. I pretty sure it is a B. That is why I said 62ISH as I dont know for sure. The old fella wasn't sure either.
He is well into his eighties, so not to remember is to be expected.Anyone tell the year? If it was a bus I could tell you years.


1962 or 1963. Drum Brakes & twin grill.
_________________
Call your Cunado's:

https://vimeo.com/67661950
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fritter
Samba Member


Joined: October 14, 2004
Posts: 230
Location: Chicago
Fritter is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a patootie about details, it's a complete 356 that he's going to probably get a deal on! Report back when you get it!
_________________
Mike
'64 Sunroof Bug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spanky324
Samba Member


Joined: September 28, 2006
Posts: 1070
Location: Greeley Pa
spanky324 is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the pedals?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type241
Samba Member


Joined: June 02, 2006
Posts: 907
Location: MOSES LAKE, WA
type241 is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: 912 Pedals Rebuilt Reply with quote

Heres the 912 pedals. I had to rebuild them. Used oiled bronze instead of the plastic bushings.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


The S emblem is not connected to the SUPER 90 emblem. I am guessing the S is an add on. Owner says it is real.
What emlem should be on the rear if it is a real super?
What is the tach difference?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spanky324
Samba Member


Joined: September 28, 2006
Posts: 1070
Location: Greeley Pa
spanky324 is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fritter
Samba Member


Joined: October 14, 2004
Posts: 230
Location: Chicago
Fritter is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on the 912 cluster, I just rebuilt my '68 911's cluster a few months back with the same bronze bushings. That roll pin is fun to get out isn't it? Very Happy
_________________
Mike
'64 Sunroof Bug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member


Joined: April 17, 2003
Posts: 6593
Location: Downingtown, PA
Wiggy is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritter wrote:
Who gives a patootie about details, it's a complete 356 that he's going to probably get a deal on!


Cuz it makes a difference.... a Super 90 is more valuable than a Super. Would you say the same if it was a Carrera?
_________________
Kevin "Wiggy"

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB