Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

A passerby snapped this when I stopped in at this junk store for a look around. It was on FaceBook about 2 hours later.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Pardon my ignorancs about FB, but how did you find it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

The person that took the picture knows someone that's in a VW group that I joined. The picture taker posted it to his "wall" to show the guy in the group that's a friend outside the group, so it popped up in the group (no idea why). Facebook is kind of a trainwreck to me. I don't understand the relationships that end up where they do, and I don't want to understand them. I like it less each time I log in.
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Zoz, Thanks for trying to help me on the FB. The pics that you don't know were taken are the best.
A nice family tried to trade vehicles at the Florida Welcome Center on I 75. I gave them my email address and asked them to shoot and send when they overtook me.
Yesterday in a 45-minute stand still in Forsyth GA I asked, passed the address, watched them shoot, waited and got nothing. Relief from boredom.

Onus, bus magic worked well in Manhattan, they would do it in Jersey as well. Everyone is bored in stopped traffic.
Abscate, There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Photo by Brittany:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Really true, Craig.

Make a magnetic sticker saying..." Selfie this Bus and send to #MySplit"

Very Happy
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

ok I'll jump in on this.
Here is a picture Shin Watanbe took of me while driving back from Arizona Bugorama on I10 a few weeks ago west bound and down. But I'm not sure he takes many pictures with his smart phone? Laughing

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe

Last edited by Cuņado Wear on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
CHASINGJR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

slammed shady
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

This pic was taken on my way home from a vdub meeting here in Germany last year. It was taken by a cop! The driver of a police van took it and gave me a thump up. He sent it to me via facebook, I guess he got my name via the registration number... Very Happy
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

slammed shady wrote:

This pic was taken on my way home from a vdub meeting here in Germany last year. It was taken by a cop! The driver of a police van took it and gave me a thump up. He sent it to me via facebook, I guess he got my name via the registration number... Very Happy

"Hands up, don't shoot!"
Bus lives matter.
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Laughing
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

While it is a smartphone photo made by a stranger on the road, there was no persuasion on my part to get a pic.
This is the first splitty that I ever encountered while driving my splitty.
We had just gotten out of a hellacious thunderstorm, pulled over and took pictures. The ones we took while driving are not postworthy.
Gainesville, Florida.

Hokie87
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
The ones we took while driving are not postworthy.
Gainesville, Florida.

Who overtook whom?

I keep hoping that I'll see another split bus while I'm driving. Then I realize that, if there is another splitty on this highway, it's not going any faster than me so it will never pass me or I will never pass it.
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

We were pretty even In power.. I saw bus headlights behind me so I slowed to see if it really was a bus, he went past then we pulled over. Funny thing is that it took me fourteen years to see another splitty, and he had owned this one merely a few months. I doubt if he understood how rare it is, at least in the Southeast.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Hokie87 wrote:
Craig wrote:
The ones we took while driving are not postworthy.
Gainesville, Florida.

Who overtook whom?

I keep hoping that I'll see another split bus while I'm driving. Then I realize that, if there is another splitty on this highway, it's not going any faster than me so it will never pass me or I will never pass it.

Indeed. The magnetic field in FL is unusually high, so you do see more Split States
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Craig, I should have taken a pic of your bus and posted it, although we are no longer strangers and you weren't driving at the moment and we were at a show, etc., etc..... Smile

Great meeting you and I hope your travels are going well. Your bus is fantastic btw.
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

I've always wondered what happens to the photos people take of my car...from people taking selfies with it to highway shots. Who wants a picture of themselves within tetnis distance of an old car anyway? Laughing
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Patrick, I would have stained my breeches if that had been you coming out of the fog. (Pinetops' bus is my doppelgänger).
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Stuck in traffic on Interstate 94 in Chicago.

Photo by Dustin
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

You are a road warrior Craig!
Scorcho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics by strangers with smartphones of you on the road Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Stuck in traffic on Interstate 94 in Chicago.

Photo by Dustin

woah! thats crazy i live right by here and have NEVER seen another splitty while driving mine
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: