Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

Clara wrote:

Sweet!

zuggbug wrote:
Very nice job on the wheel wells

low54 wrote:
Looks great so much better now 😎

Thanks guys! The cut wells have been bugging me since day one.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Silver beige is my guess as all the other stuff is that color.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

Silver beige is my guess as all the other stuff is that color.

Fred Udog wrote:
need your opinion ...
is the color of the chair is the same as the arms of flipseat ??
mine needs to be restored Smile

Is the color of the flipseat arms Silver Beige? I have some WW Silver Beige but it looks different to me, although I am aware that their Silver White is off from original too.

Last edited by oakman on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

I had ordered a birth certificate for the Westy earlier this year, it took about 5 months to get here which was what I was expecting.

Comes in this folder:

There are some mistakes here such as the engine size, (1.2 litre?) color not listed, and the m-codes show safari windshields instead of gas heater. Also, its weird that they don't have the info for m-367. Jeez.. I will have to e-mail them and see if I can get this corrected.

It's cool to know that it was delivered to Stuttgart, Germany.

I also gave them the engine number in the bus which they confirmed as being the original:

I also picked up these postcards on e-bay from a seller in Germany. I'm not sure how old they are but for three bucks each shipped I thought they were cool. The red and white bus is an so-35.

oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

After a few e-mails with the vw museum I was able to get a corrected certificate. I sent them the info from here on TheSamba.com including the breakdown for m-367 and the westfalia color chart info. After doing a second data search they confirmed that the info I sent them was correct. It now shows the correct engine size and the paint info is now shown as well.

New Zertifikat:

I thought M-199 should be the Swivel Seat code but I'm not really sure. Maybe M-192 negates M-199 as Swivel Seat (also used on Wesfalia flipseat campers)?
Whatever, good enough. Smile
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

Wow, nice persistence in getting VW to correct that certificate. Also, Kudos to them for accepting that you in fact had the correct information and correcting their documentation. Very Happy

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Wow, nice persistence in getting VW to correct that certificate. Also, Kudos to them for accepting that you in fact had the correct information and correcting their documentation. Very Happy

They asked for a photo of the m-code plate which I provided along with all of the other m-code info. I was glad they did a second search and found the mistakes.Confused It arrived within a couple of weeks after they confirmed what I sent them.
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

Good job getting that certificate turned around. Ive never ordered a birth certificate before. I'd like to someday when I get a really nice original example. Your bus was built on my birthday 8/26. Pretty cool! Decoding the mplate is the first thing I do when I get a new project. Its part of the bonding process LOL.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

BusJunky wrote:
Good job getting that certificate turned around. Ive never ordered a birth certificate before. I'd like to someday when I get a really nice original example. Your bus was built on my birthday 8/26. Pretty cool! Decoding the mplate is the first thing I do when I get a new project. Its part of the bonding process LOL.

I was happy they got everything corrected and it didn't take 5 more months to arrive. Thanks to the info here in the Technical section.

It's cool to look up all the codes etc when you bring home a new bus. I was pretty sure I wouldn't order another B/C but I just brought home a pre m-plate bus so maybe I will order one for it. We'll see.

Love your typewriter bus thread, I'm blown away with what you've (both) done so far. I look forward to watching your progress. Keep it up!
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

What pre m-plate bus did you pick up? Thanks for following the typewriter bus thread. We just got back from vacation and now im back on customer buses. Hoping to be wedling on it again soon.
Cheers!
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

BusJunky wrote:
What pre m-plate bus did you pick up? Thanks for following the typewriter bus thread. We just got back from vacation and now im back on customer buses. Hoping to be wedling on it again soon.
Cheers!

I picked up an August 58' Mango:

Unfortunately missing all the interior panels so I'm on the hunt for some:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2103451

I have a bad habit of starting on the next project before finishing the current one.. Smile
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

Another dream bus. Congrats! Applause
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
BusJunky wrote:
Cheers!

I have a bad habit of starting on the next project before finishing the current one.. Smile

Wow.. your addiction is strong! Wink

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
oakman wrote:
BusJunky wrote:
Cheers!

Nice score Brandon!, last month of the press bumpers.

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUÑADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

jjjjack wrote:

wcfvw69 wrote:

OgCalLook wrote:

Another way to keep the bank account drained! I will probably need to get rid of something now, Single Cab or panel (or both) may need to leave soon.

I'm just collecting parts for it for now, probably be awhile before it's back on the road. I will start a thread on it when I get going with it.

Tom, I finally got out on the bike yesterday for the first time in over 6 months, hoping for a good wet winter this year. Ride on!
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

I had 1961 mango. I gave all the interior panels to Widefive LOL. They were ratty. I freaking love mango buses. Probably will get another some day.
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
jjjjack wrote:

wcfvw69 wrote:

OgCalLook wrote:

Another way to keep the bank account drained! I will probably need to get rid of something now, Single Cab or panel (or both) may need to leave soon.

I'm just collecting parts for it for now, probably be awhile before it's back on the road. I will start a thread on it when I get going with it.

Tom, I finally got out on the bike yesterday for the first time in over 6 months, hoping for a good wet winter this year. Ride on!

Man, I miss riding Desert. Ride smart Brother!

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUÑADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

Cool bus looks really solid Cool
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

That's a great looking line-up Brandon...Congrats on the mango! What's the story on it? Did your dad hunt this one too? Laughing
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 westfalia so-35 flipseat Reply with quote

low54 wrote:
Cool bus looks really solid Cool

Thanks Ben, it's a little rough around the edges but I'm happy to have it. Should clean up nice.

RHD Notch wrote:
That's a great looking line-up Brandon...Congrats on the mango! What's the story on it? Did your dad hunt this one too? Laughing

Thanks Gary, the Mango was listed here in the classifieds for a long time (since early Spring I think). IIRC it was listed really high and lingered there for a long time. Price dropped a few times and I called and went to see it a few weeks ago. Ended up making a deal. I really wasn't planning on any more buses!

Across the desert to it's new home:

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 28

Jump to: