Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

zx11pilot wrote:
I'm simply too excited for words to express my sheer unbridled happiness to have come across this post!! Very Happy It almost seems too good to be true! I've been pouring hours and hours over many websites and books on turbos and fuel injection systems to see if I can gain the knowledge myself to make my OEM VW 2.1L the motor I know it could be. Please add me to your wait list as well! I have no problem waiting for what I believe will be a truly fine and well built product! Thank you so much for bringing this turbo option to life for the Vanagon community! Email address is : [email protected]

Thank you for your kind words, the kit will be out soon. Added you to the list, thanks.
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

maco70 wrote:
Hi,

I wonder to know how long will it takes to install both options, let's say by a quite good mechanic?

Two days of labour ?

Regards,

It would take 4-5 hours to fit the FI kit, but the turbo kit wil take 2days as there is additional oil cooling and cooling for the charge cooler so 2 radiators and lines need fitting under the floor pans , the turbo plumbing is relatively easy.
Thanks
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

SyncroChrick wrote:
Marco - you got some competition now...the GoWesty kit is out...

Smile

any update for us?

Im in no way in competition with GoWesty, there kit is CARB approved and consequently not adjustable by the owner, this is not a bad thing, but im really not interested in just the FI kit making a maximum of 10% extra power, To keep up in this day and age with modern vehicles and highway speeds we need at least 160 to 180 hp in the T3 and that’s the goal of my FI turbo kit ,the reason why am supplying a FI kit is because so many people are interested in just swapping out the original fuel injection, But this is not my original goal, if people want to just buy the few injection at least then they have an option to put the turbocharger kit on afterwards and that’s fine.
Very soon there will be an update, im been very busy geting supply and parts up to a level so I can then deliver what I promised without too much time delay.
Thanks
Marco Mansi
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
So this kit will set you up for a turbo addition when you decide to add one, while the GW kit is not set up for a turbo option?

To keep up in this day and age with modern vehicles and highway speeds we need at least 160 to 180 hp in the T3 and that’s the goal of my FI turbo kit ,the reason why am supplying a FI kit is because so many people are interested in just swapping out the original fuel injection, But this is not my original goal, if people want to just buy the few injection at least then they have an option to put the turbocharger kit on afterwards and that’s fine.

My pricing goal for the compleat FI turbo kit is $3800
Thanks
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

1of6 wrote:
Please add me to the list - Thanks!
[email protected]

Added
Thank you
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
Does anyone know if this kit will work for the 1.9l?

Yes it will work with the 1.9, depending if its originally FI or carburetor from the Factory will determine if you need extra parts or not.
Thanks
Marco Mansi
SyncroChrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Marco

Thank you so much for these updates!

One more quick question - will this kit interfere with the a/c compressor?
Or in other words, will it still be possible to retain the compressor?

I have seen pictures of Turbo kit on wbx and they have seem to use more space around the distributor.

Have a great day!
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

SyncroChrick wrote:
Marco

Thank you so much for these updates!

One more quick question - will this kit interfere with the a/c compressor?
Or in other words, will it still be possible to retain the compressor?

I have seen pictures of Turbo kit on wbx and they have seem to use more space around the distributor.

Have a great day!

Totaly, it will work on a stock engine with every original accessory.
Thanks
Phaedrus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Forgive me if the answer is buried somewhere in this thread, but I can't seem to locate it...

Power=heat. Heat/time = dead motors. (how) Does your system address the added heat buildup? Do your prototypes show notably more heat production than stock (I'd expect so)? Will we need to beef up our cooling systems in order to safely run this kit longterm?

Interested in the kit, but would like to see one running... Will you be able to post more in-depth videos at some point, maybe of the kit at idle, revving the throttle, and then driving, both from the point of view of a passerby and driver?
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Phaedrus wrote:
Forgive me if the answer is buried somewhere in this thread, but I can't seem to locate it...

Power=heat. Heat/time = dead motors. (how) Does your system address the added heat buildup? Do your prototypes show notably more heat production than stock (I'd expect so)? Will we need to beef up our cooling systems in order to safely run this kit longterm?

Interested in the kit, but would like to see one running... Will you be able to post more in-depth videos at some point, maybe of the kit at idle, revving the throttle, and then driving, both from the point of view of a passerby and driver?

So yes, there is more heat to deal with but not with the water side of the engine, the water system in the vanagon/waterboxer has an adequately large heat disapation reserve, but the main problem is the oil, even on a stock engine VW did a poor upgrade on the 2.1 to cool the oil with the small water to oil exchanger located above the oil filter, on my Turbo kit the oil heat is dealt with by removing the original oil to water cooler and running an external oil filter housing and 30row oil cooler thats fan assisted and thermostaticly controled , to remove the prone to break stock cooler and remove the thermal load from the water system.

I will upload videos when im ready to release the kit.
Thanks
Phaedrus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

marcotheturbosteamengine wrote:

So yes, there is more heat to deal with but not with the water side of the engine, the water system in the vanagon/waterboxer has an adequately large heat disapation reserve, but the main problem is the oil, even on a stock engine VW did a poor upgrade on the 2.1 to cool the oil with the small water to oil exchanger located above the oil filter, on my Turbo kit the oil heat is dealt with by removing the original oil to water cooler and running an external oil filter housing and 30row oil cooler thats fan assisted and thermostaticly controled , to remove the prone to break stock cooler and remove the thermal load from the water system.

I will upload videos when im ready to release the kit.
Thanks

Thanks for the response. Watching intently!
fixedgear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

This would make my reluctance to pull the trigger on a conversion the only wise decision I've made in the last 5 years. I would like to be added to the list as well:

[email protected]
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Add me to the list [email protected]

This really appeals to me so I can keep original engine in my van, and to say, I turbo-ed it Popcorn
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

fixedgear wrote:
This would make my reluctance to pull the trigger on a conversion the only wise decision I've made in the last 5 years. I would like to be added to the list as well:

[email protected]

I really belive the waterboxer is in the right place in the back of the vanagon.
Thanks for your kind words👍🏼
Added to the list
Thanks
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
Add me to the list [email protected]

This really appeals to me so I can keep original engine in my van, and to say, I turbo-ed it Popcorn

Thanks
Added to the list👍🏼
Arne@kleinersyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Hey Marco,

I’m not sure if I missed it, but does your system has got a knocking sensor? Just in case you have to deal with different fuel grades (for e.g. driven through remote country areas).
Also it would be great to get your opinion on the high compression pistons of the DJ engine. Know that some people change the MV pistons to DJ (and Oettinger did it too) but running on MV FI. Gains a bit more power an more torque. Do you think, it’s a good combination with your FI system to gain approx. 125hp without turbo, but also been able to run on 91 if necessary?

Cheers Arne
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Arne@kleinersyncro wrote:
Hey Marco,

I’m not sure if I missed it, but does your system has got a knocking sensor? Just in case you have to deal with different fuel grades (for e.g. driven through remote country areas).
Also it would be great to get your opinion on the high compression pistons of the DJ engine. Know that some people change the MV pistons to DJ (and Oettinger did it too) but running on MV FI. Gains a bit more power an more torque. Do you think, it’s a good combination with your FI system to gain approx. 125hp without turbo, but also been able to run on 91 if necessary?

Cheers Arne

Thanks👍🏼
I work on turbo motors almost every day, Ive used atleast 10 different aftermarket knock detection systems and even when calabrated correctly they are along way behind the OEM knock system that comes on the engine from the manufacturer, the porsche knock system is very complicated, it uses 2 sensors, 1 on each head, between the 2 sensors it can detect anomalys with each cylinder independently, its very very good but after meny years of tuning there is only one thing I have found that can detect detonation and pre-detonation way before any sensor is my ears.
I use a simple system, a microphone is bolted to the block throu an amplifier to my headphones, I can hear the smallest differences and tune accordingly, the timing map I give you will be the safest map for your engine but still produce great power accordingly.

Yes you can get a real 125 hp from a DJ with 1.25 rockers and programmable FI alown.
Luckyphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Hi Marco
How much will the kit cost without the Turbo option. I am looking at doing the conversion in 2 stages so a split cost would be helpful. Will replacement parts be readily available off the shelf or will you be the only source of spare parts. Keep up the good work.
transanalog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

marcotheturbosteamengine wrote:
Arne@kleinersyncro wrote:
Hey Marco,

Cheers Arne

Thanks👍🏼
I work on turbo motors almost every day, Ive used atleast 10 different aftermarket knock detection systems and even when calabrated correctly they are along way behind the OEM knock system that comes on the engine from the manufacturer, the porsche knock system is very complicated, it uses 2 sensors, 1 on each head, between the 2 sensors it can detect anomalys with each cylinder independently, its very very good but after meny years of tuning there is only one thing I have found that can detect detonation and pre-detonation way before any sensor is my ears.
I use a simple system, a microphone is bolted to the block throu an amplifier to my headphones, I can hear the smallest differences and tune accordingly, the timing map I give you will be the safest map for your engine but still produce great power accordingly.

Yes you can get a real 125 hp from a DJ with 1.25 rockers and programmable FI alown.

So, to be clear, you do NOT utilize a knock sensor for active timing adjustments?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

So, to be clear, you do NOT utilize a knock sensor for active timing adjustments?

Thats right, but the correct answer would be “I will not allow an aftermarket knock detection system destroy a perfectly good engine because of its inaccuracies to detect pre-detonation”
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 31

Jump to: