Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
heiko910
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Hoody,
With all due respect but nobody asked you to do this mod.
Don't be a field tester if you don't want to be.
Like you said to everone his own.
I doubt that you can put 189Kmiles on a set of Porsche adjusters. Nothing lasts forever not even Porsche parts. I bet if you do some honest reaserach you will find evidence of Porsche swivel foot adjuster failure.
Don't take it personally but I am not going to base my opinion about a product based on one person's story.
Greetings,
Heiko
surfwagonorangevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Hi , I found this post today ---

ArnoudH
PostPosted: Yesterday 9:15 am Post subject: Re: T-4 10mm rockers and elephant foot adjusters Reply with quote
You might consider these:
http://www.tp-technologie.de/produkte%20ventileinstellsch%20en.htm

Cheers!

Arnoud

The link provided may be your source , not to bust your balls , just wondering. Do you know about these ? their quality ? anything ?
I think what you're doing is great by the way , way easier to deal with a Sambanista .
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=679147
heiko910
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Alright guys,
Www.tp-technologies.de is my supplier.
You can of course order them directly from the manufacturer.
I am selling them here in the US for the same price that you would pay for retail plus shipping from Germany.

The swivel foot adjusters that I sell are made by TP-Technologies.

So now it is out.

Greetings,
Heiko
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

No biggie…I appreciate the effort you put into creating the how-to, with photos, and packaging it in this thread, in one central location for Sambanistas to reference and share their experiences, be them successes, failures, or otherwise. Honestly, without your input, and making them easily available, I never would’ve gone out of my way to source them from Europe. Hell, being a Type-4 noob, I was just going to run stock screws and lash caps until I found this thread. I haven’t run mine yet, though (waiting on my fuel/ignition package from Mario).
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

heiko910 wrote:
Alright guys,
Www.tp-technologies.de is my supplier.
You can of course order them directly from the manufacturer.
I am selling them here in the US for the same price that you would pay for retail plus shipping from Germany.

The swivel foot adjusters that I sell are made by TP-Technologies.

So now it is out.

Greetings,
Heiko

I for one appreciate the service you are providing. Wink
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Hoody wrote:
So Colin for 189,000 miles you had zero issues with Genuine Porsche swivel feet. But after only 15,000 miles 2 of the 8 were not up to snuff? That's a 25%
failure rate in my book. There is a sucker born every day.

My Heiko 10mm swivelfoot adjusters are still on the engine. They did not fail, but they did make their defects known to me, and I did have to (and still do have to) massage many new parts to get them to behave.
Colin
heiko910
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Thanks Wildthings, that is very nice of you.

Hey guys,

In case you are interested I still have one set that we could split for repair purposes but I also have a new shipment coming. Should get here in a few days.

Let me know.
Greetings,
Heiko
sjhotz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Bravo Heiko, keep up the good work!

I respect the naysayers, but I implicitly trust Wildthings, Amskeptic, asiab3, & raygreenwood. Your doin' gods work here and we are grateful, expect another customer before too soon (wink , wink!).

p.s. Hey Gang... I'm baaaack! 8P

74 Thing
72 Bay Window Westy TinTop
superpickle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Heiko,
Did you get the next supply in yet?
I sent a PM and no response.
Maybe TheSamba notifications are working again for you?
Craig
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

So....how are your heads holding up with this new found technology? Who can post real time experience with 10,000 miles? Sorry to ressurect this but I am doing my best to enlighten a friend.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Hoody wrote:
So....how are your heads holding up with this new found technology? Who can post real time experience with 10,000 miles? Sorry to ressurect this but I am doing my best to enlighten a friend.
I have at least twice that, pretty much have reached the point that I don't remember that they are there.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Hoody wrote:

uhhhh....ummmm.....I haven't installed mine yet Embarassed

I wanted to finish my new engine stand first, and then I started donking around with my '65 Beetle, and get it's engine back in (mission accomplished). Back to the type-4 build now.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
superpickle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Break-in procedure?

'77, type-4, converted to dual webers, otherwise stock.
It was running poorly so I pulled the engine and broke it down, but not all the way. I left the bottom end alone and never broke the case open.
Everything looked fine so I put it all back together with all the old parts. It was recently rebuilt (~3000-4000 miles).
The only thing I changed was adding these swivel foot adjusters and shaving down the rocker arms to gain the necessary clearance.
So technically I didn't rebuild the engine. But I used the VW book by Tom Wilson and of course at the end is the chapter on "break-in" procedure. I don't think I need to follow that to the letter since the only new thing is those feet.

I would appreciate advice on how to "break-in" the engine after what I did, because I am ready to to turn the key.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

did you replace the lifters or rings?
superpickle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Nope, and I kept everything matched.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

superpickle wrote:

You don't need to break anything in, but you may find that your engine burns some oil as the rings are probably not in the same clocking as they were originally and thus many not seal as well.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
superpickle wrote:

You don't need to break anything in, but you may find that your engine burns some oil as the rings are probably not in the same clocking as they were originally and thus many not seal as well.

X2. I think some folks soak the swivel feet in oil to be sure they are well lubricated. If you didn't do that squirt some oil into each one when it is at TDC for that cylinder before you run it. Otherwise no break in is needed. As an FYI - if the cylinders came off then you would want to hone the cylinder and replace the rings. If you didn't pull the cylinders off then there is nothing there to worry about. The rings tend to wear in on one spot.
daos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

quick follow-up query - any more info as to how these german elephant feet are performing? considering a set for my type 1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Solution!!! found 10mm swivel foot adjusters for type 4 rock Reply with quote

daos wrote:
quick follow-up query - any more info as to how these german elephant feet are performing? considering a set for my type 1.

Think you might want to verify the size of your adjusting screws. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: