Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pomona swap meet
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
willieb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Pomona swap meet Reply with quote

Does anyone know if they are still holding the Pomona swap meet ? I didn't see it listed in the usual place. thanx louis
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: pomona swap meet Reply with quote

Yes, the Pomona meets are still being held. There was one just a few weeks ago. It could be that they just haven't put their 2016 schedule on the Samba yet. They have their own website try checking there.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: pomona swap meet Reply with quote

http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pomona swap meet Reply with quote

See domain above but I just added all of the 2016 events today too.

One the Pomona guys does use the site but I am the one that usually adds them.
Thanks for the reminder.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
willieb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pomona swap meet Reply with quote

Thanx guys, I was about to panic if there was no more Pomona. There's nothing close to it on the east coast that I know of.
Willieb
tasb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Pomona swap meet Reply with quote

IMHO Pomona for VW is nothing like what it once was. If your in the area fine but I wouldn't travel across country just to check it out. Time would be better spent at one of the OCTO meets. The American car section at Pomona is still going pretty strong.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
willieb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pomona swap meet Reply with quote

I've been to Pomona twice, I bought a bus one time and a sc pickup once,and drove them there. it's like a pilgrimage for me. I would buy them spend the night and next day at Pomona, fill em with as many parts as I could and set out for home, not to make money but more for the adventure of it. I'd meet the coolest people ther, to be honest I was a bit in awe over the whole thing. It's time to goback and do it again I surely will check octo out as well. Where would I find out about those meets. Thanx. Louis
tasb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pomona swap meet Reply with quote

Looks like OCTO is February 20th in Long Beach while the next Pomona is January 17th. Everett I think there is a mistake as the next two Pomona's are listed as March 6th and 17th. I doubt the accuracy of those dates. Looks like the Hot VW's Drag Day is March 17th. That is right next door to Pomona.

Lous, I like your gladiator spirit. Go to the top of this page. Click on community then shows by location and choose California.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pomona swap meet Reply with quote

Thanks, I fixed it - it should have been April 17th, not March 17th
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
willieb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Pomona swap meet Reply with quote

Tasb, I'll certainly look into OCTO for sure. There was a bus only meet in Gilmore, is that still going on anyone? I cought Kelly Park one year but missed the Bug Red barn I think it was.
Thanks for correcting the dates for Pomona too I'd hate to get there and see an empty parking lot! lf
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: