Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

20-020744 "The Tocksfors Rhd"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 20-020744 "The Tocksfors Rhd" Reply with quote

I'm not even really that much of a bus fan, but I have followed this thread from day one and in fact it's the first thread I ever subscribed to on TheSamba. I'm in absolute awe of the work that was done on this treasure. It's been an amazing resurrection to follow and I wish the new owners well. Great job all the way. Respect.
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: 20-020744 "The Tocksfors Rhd" Reply with quote

Thanks chaps Very Happy Nice to see the story in print in VolksWorld C&B magazine too. A fitting end to the thread unless the new owner takes over. I do know that he's been using the bus quite a lot so it's certainly getting out and about Cool Glad it ended up with a good home.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
chris67bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: 20-020744 "The Tocksfors Rhd" Reply with quote

A nice ending to the story indeed Ben. The new owner doesn't live too far from me so I hope to see the bus on the road some time! Any word on the pick up you got in Sweden? Any 'rescue' pics - you know how we all love those!

Chris
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: 20-020744 "The Tocksfors Rhd" Reply with quote

chris67bug wrote:
A nice ending to the story indeed Ben. The new owner doesn't live too far from me so I hope to see the bus on the road some time! Any word on the pick up you got in Sweden? Any 'rescue' pics - you know how we all love those!

Chris

Hi Chris. Good stuff! He seems like a properly top chap, and I've hopefully hooked him up with the guys at BeetleMagic to sort a little work on another one of his projects. Always nice to meet new friends through these old buses Cool

On a sadder note I seem to be getting a lot of stick on social media (via his own FB page) for leaving Jeff out of the article as the guy who did most of the initial welding on this one. No harm meant this end, and I think everyone on here is well aware of all the work that he used to do for me once upon a time, but if you treat a customer, (friend? Confused ), badly enough then they're going to stop saying nice things about you. It's that simple.

As for the sc. Damn that's a big project! This year has unfortunately not proved to be the best year for me for some pretty shitty reasons that I won't bore you with here, hence I didn't manage to actually go and collect the truck from the forest myself back in April. Dai and Al actually "scraped up" what was left of it with help from Patric, (the same Patric who assisted in the Tocksfors panel rescue mission first time round), and I just haven't had the time to put into doing anything with it / buses in general that I would normally have. I do have a very talented and enthusiastic new welder lined up to start on a bus soon for me though so watch this space Wink
chris67bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 20-020744 "The Tocksfors Rhd" Reply with quote

Ah Ben, that's great to hear that the pick up got well... 'picked up' and sorry to hear about the personal stuff. As we all know, life does that from time to time. I find rescuing old vws to be great therapy to be honest and as a nice way of doing something constructive in life! Smile
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: 20-020744 "The Tocksfors Rhd" Reply with quote

I know I don't post here so much anymore; my bad; but though this was worth sharing.

I got a message today with a photo of the Tocksfors bus back in the day, and a short message....

"My first memory in life is from when my family were on holiday in Norway in the summer of 1957, I was 3 years old. I remember my father flying out of the door. We had collided with another car that came towards us on the right hand side. My father miraculously got away with only a concussion. My mother and I were not harmed at all. As you know this was long before seat belts, but my father had built a car seat for me, and that most likely saved me from flying out as well. We used to go on holiday with the bus, and my father was quite creative, he had built a little bed for me at the back above the engine!"

Wow. Wish a few other old bus owners would get in touch with me. How cool Cool
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 20-020744 "The Tocksfors Rhd" Reply with quote

Wonderful bit of history there Ben 😎
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: