Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!!
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Hey everyone! In mid January I will be taking a 1977 Volkswagen transporter south to California to drop it off... During this time I will be taking two weeks off from work to enjoy the trip. I plan on being at buses by the bridge in Lake Havasu Arizona... Also, I plan on being in San Diego at some point, to visit Robbie and Brian, and I plan on snowboarding and surfing during this trip as well preferably in the same day. Thinking about hitting up Mexico at some point for the beach, not totally sure yet. Wondering if anyone along the way between Seattle and San Diego and Arizona would be happy to see me stop on their doorstep to say hello, or meet up to put names to faces and busses...Smile no real route planned yet but it's coming together slowly!!

In concrete days include:
BBtB
The day I drop it off in San Francisco and hop in another bus for the ride back to Portland where I will attempt to find my way back to Seattle!

Other then that, aiming to leave as soon as I can in January, and be back no later then February Wink taking my time but will probably cover a ton of miles in the first few days...I drive for long periods pretty happily in a bus Wink

Anyone got any suggestions? Wouldn't mind routing a bit east too to see some new sights either!

Taking this:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]

Last edited by Stuartzickefoose on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle South Road Trip!! Reply with quote

you're more then welcome to swing over to prescott if you need use of a shop or some tools.
or just to say hi.

if not, i'll see you at BBB Cool
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle South Road Trip!! Reply with quote

Might just do that!! Would love to say hello Smile also got a buddy in Scottsdale I may go see ....so that'd be perfect! I'll put some dates out as soon as I know for sure I'm headed that way!

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Just north of San Diego there is an area where you can " sail " off the cliffs if you dare . When I was there it was enough to just watch .
Ask Aeromech about it he was the one who told me about it .
Pilot and Flying J have security in golf carts in their truck stops if you want to stay overnight .
They sell a small book that lists EVERY truck stop and rest area in the US .
Please don't park between the BIG trucks .

If your traveling as far east as Scottsdale ; In ALL my 17 years of traveling around the country in trucks the Most Awesome stop has to be the Grand Canyon .........and the Petrified Forest is in the same region .

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
JCTahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

You are more than welcome to swing through North Lake Tahoe (Kings Beach) and stay with us.

VW's from my past:
72 Bay
79 Campmobile
81 Vanagon
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Pete- definitely thought glamour the Grand Canyon...was hoping to save the major stuff for my 78 Westy someday, as this one isn't exactly my baby...so may pass on a few things if I can't fully enjoy them...like back roads camping...Sad

But I may do it anyways Wink

Definitely up for Tahoe! Gonna have to check a map and see where it is, but I'm game for anything!

Also be happy to bring people parts from Ken at the busco if they want, and happy to help wrench on busses too!!

Come to think of it...id love it if anyone wanted work done to help with gas money but that's not really why I do it...if anyone wants to play around with some tools and busses, I'm always down Smile

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
Come to think of it...id love it if anyone wanted work done to help with gas money but that's not really why I do it...if anyone wants to play around with some tools and busses, I'm always down Smile

True that! He just likes busin' but help out a brother if you can. He will earn it and he's a good guy. Besides he's gotta get Maisy back on the road again by Spring Wink

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
artbyedo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing
ryDANGERry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

I just moved from Southern California to Seatte. I wasn't able to bring my bus with me though. It's at a friends house in Joshua Tree right now until I can make it back someday.

When you figure out dates maybe I can help you back from Portland to Seattle. I drive back and forth kinda regularly to visit my wife. We're both in school in different locations.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

ryDANGERry wrote:
I just moved from Southern California to Seatte. I wasn't able to bring my bus with me though. It's at a friends house in Joshua Tree right now until I can make it back someday.

When you figure out dates maybe I can help you back from Portland to Seattle. I drive back and forth kinda regularly to visit my wife. We're both in school in different locations.

What's keeping it from coming up?

I'm definitely up for a ride back to Seattle!!

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Zelten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Does that sliding door step have to go with the bus or is it available?
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Zelten wrote:
Does that sliding door step have to go with the bus or is it available?

Buyer wants it, I asked. Available new from bus depot for like 100 or so Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Be sure to torture more of us than just Xevin when you're here in Portland...
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
Be sure to torture more of us than just Xevin when you're here in Portland...

For sure!

I still haven't seen your high top yet Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Your 2017 trip is to the Southwest, right?
’65 Deluxe Build
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Your 2017 trip is to the Southwest, right?

Probably find a reason to go to CO...friends and family and Bustedbus all in one place...Wink not this trip but maybe the next!

Key west is on my list of places to take my 78...Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

If you are still going to Tahoe, when you leave there to back track over Donner Summit, you have a choice to make... either head to the Bay Area and then down PCH or 101 to the LA area, or turn left at Sacramento and skirt the Sierra Nevada and hit the national parks and snowboard, too.

Were it me, I would go the coast route. Probably depends on what your desires are.

If you are in a jam near the Fresno area (you poor bastard if that's the case!) hit me up and there is a place for you to work on your bus. Set you up best I can, but you will have to wade through all my crap to get anything done. Laughing

Parts/Suppliers in the 559 area code: Sebring West in Fresno, CB Performance near Farmersville, Century Distributing in Visalia, Bug Brothers in Visalia. Over on the coast there are Vanagon suppliers: Van Café in Santa Cruz and GoWesty down in Los Osos. Might have forgotten one...?

All are easily found using your favorite search engine, but PM me for more info. I hope you have a great and memorable trip! You are sure to see a whole bunch of cool stuff along the way. Cool Don't miss out on the redwoods in the Avenue of the Giants in Humbolt. Although not at that location, you can get a picture that looks like this:

And keep us posted along the way!
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:

Seen, heck .. I want to put you up front and take it for a spin around the block. Maybe even let you drive it .. as long as you swear you won't try and do a burnout. Laughing
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:

Seen, heck .. I want to put you up front and take it for a spin around the block. Maybe even let you drive it .. as long as you swear you won't try and do a burnout. Laughing

Shocked absolutely! I'll be right down!!

Shoot me a text so I can give you a call next time I come through: (206)-841-7324

206-841-7324
[email protected]
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

No hurry unless you're in one...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: