Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

I'm in no hurry Wink

Anyone else want to hang out on this trip? Smile

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levi20AE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

That will be a nice trip. The coastal parks shouldn't be too packed that time of year. If you are swinging through Vegas, holler. More reason to make BBB.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

levi20AE wrote:
That will be a nice trip. The coastal parks shouldn't be too packed that time of year. If you are swinging through Vegas, holler. More reason to make BBB.

Dude I'd absolutely make a special trip to come see your bus and meet you!! Been watching your bus for a while...Shoot me a text so I can get in touch with you, number is listed above Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Have fun on the trip and for sure get out to the redwoods for a night or two of camping .. of all the things I miss from Sonoma County where I grew up, I miss the redwoods most. I'll be down for a week in March because my nephews and my wife's grandkids have spring break at the same time, but we're flying not driving...
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

When you are in the San Diego area - make time to go to Interstate VW in Lake Elsinore - just above San Diego off the I 15 in Riverside county. Find Jim the owner - tell him your a Samba boy and you know me and a couple others here - then have fun looking through the VW stuff. Must stop brother for sure. Besides I want you to look at his gas heater stuff - you asked me for a lead on relays for the BA6 - here you go. Plugs too!

Also I know the Bay Brotherhood has you covered on places to stay, so think of me and my T3 peeps as plan B if needed. Wink

Make sure to have a Greater P-Land Gathering with Tristessa & Kevin Cool

Have fun drive safe!

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Very Happy If you get stuck between Cali and BBB- we can lend a hand- also have pizza place and sat night classic car night at the vfw.

I have a bunch of T4 stuff and everything I have needs work- so $ if you have the time.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
When you are in the San Diego area - make time to go to Interstate VW in Lake Elsinore - just above San Diego off the I 15 in Riverside county. Find Jim the owner - tell him your a Samba boy and you know me and a couple others here - then have fun looking through the VW stuff. Must stop brother for sure. Besides I want you to look at his gas heater stuff - you asked me for a lead on relays for the BA6 - here you go. Plugs too!

Also I know the Bay Brotherhood has you covered on places to stay, so think of me and my T3 peeps as plan B if needed. Wink

Make sure to have a Greater P-Land Gathering with Tristessa & Kevin Cool

Have fun drive safe!

Will do! Awesome! I'll definitely hit him up for sure.

I'm always open for a place to stay along the way....this bus doesn't have a bed so I'll be on the floor or on the back bench Most of the nights.

William, definitely open to that possibility! What have you got? If I know ahead of time I'll bring parts with me...

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
I'm in no hurry Wink

Yes, let's hang out and drink beer. I am in Heildelberg, De. Very Happy
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Bleyseng wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
I'm in no hurry Wink

Ill be right over Wink
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lynn Gleason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Tristessa,

It`s not the burnouts you need to worry about---it`s Stuart jumping your bus, repeatedly! Razz

From a concerned fellow HighTop owner---
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Glad to see you found this lynn Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Lynn's in the house. Bout time stranger Dancing

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Who is Lynn?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Lynn Gleason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Oh, I`ve been around. Been busy. Been lurkin'. Bought a house in Port Townsend (the Vanagon capital of the world!) Still doing VW stuff in town though. Come up, and we`ll explore the peninsula (lots of great places!).
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Bleyseng wrote:

That's funny Laughing I will drink it for him.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Bleyseng wrote:

That's funny Laughing I will drink it for him.

waste not want more

Don't step in any!
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Lynn Gleason wrote:
Tristessa,

It`s not the burnouts you need to worry about---it`s Stuart jumping your bus, repeatedly! Razz

No, having Stuart work on your bus..... Rolling Eyes
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

AS many times as he breaks his and it keeps coming back says something. Embarassed Embarassed

Don't step in any!
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
AS many times as he breaks his and it keeps coming back says something. Embarassed Embarassed

I feel like we are going to get along quite well... Laughing

206-841-7324
[email protected]
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-South Road Trip to Cali---PICTURES!! Reply with quote

Bleyseng wrote:
Lynn Gleason wrote:
Tristessa,

No, having Stuart work on your bus..... Rolling Eyes

And at the last mini Seattle get together we had, the panel decides to shit out as we leave. For as cool as I think I am, I am not cool yet on the workings of FI and T4. Can I figure it out, sure. Over days and learn as well - I'm just not there.

So Stewie gets all over my 76 like white on rice. Ronin pulls out the tools, Stewy pulls shit off his 78 Auto to see what's wrong on my 76. All this in crappy DARK Seattle pizzly weather in a parking lot at a German restaurant. I was going to get a pull strap and call it good. Not Stuart the Avenger. He figures it down to a bad harness wire going to the double relay. Me? I learned I had a double relay that night. Laughing He rigs it up then and there - I drive home. Tip of the hat for sure to the kid. Cheers & Brost!

I know we bust on him all the time. Cuz its fun. But this kid has some street credit based on actual hands on experience and listening to others. Yes, buses were hurt for him to gain this knowledge, but Id let him work on my stuff anytime - albeit with supervision Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: